• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
riverrunner

Fly Tying Resources

riverrunner

Hey there,

I've realized unfortunately my tying vice got left behind the last time I moved. I don't remember the model but it was a fairly basic table clamp style vice. I would be curious to hear people's recommendations for a new one, budget being up to 100-150? Do you prefer the clamp or the stand? 

Also, what are peoples favorite resources for tying? Any book recommendations/YouTube channels/websites etc. For people who are fairly new? Interested in tying some big streamers for throwing at rivermouths but also nymphs and egg patterns. Is there a tying 'bible' that I should have? 

Thanks for your tips!

TroutHunter

I frequently use YouTube for finding new patterns as well as the Fly Fish Food website http://www.flyfishfood.com/p/fly-tying-tutorials.html

I also recently picked up a decent book called The Fly Tying Bible, and while searching for a purchase link for you, stumbled upon the PDF version of the book!  Here it is....

Good luck to you and enjoy the tying!! 

the-fly-tying-bible-fishing.pdf

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

riverrunner

Wow, thanks so much for the suggestions I will check these out. Literally called the bible haha.