• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirttracker18

2017 Regs with Moose number out

RatherBeFishin

Wonder how they get there numbers ? More tags cut but no aerial survey done this year ? Some bull tags removed and some cow tags added to 15b. Why are we adding more cow tags ??? This seems backwards to me. What a mess. 

hunt or be hunted

The system is a giant scam and load of crap, the moose system hasn't been properly managed for many years, it's all guess work behind the scenes without solid yearly proof of surveyes, with the amount moose hunters that apply each year for tags ur gonna be really hard pressed to tell me or any other hunter that their wasn't or isn't enough money in the budget for aerial surveys to at least be done every second year properly and accurately !!!!!! Such a same and a disgrace our MNR system has become 👎

• Like 1

RatherBeFishin

This shits cray ! Reduce the number of cow tags available , if needed bull tags can be reduced also. But dont add cow tags !! And as for cow tags allowed when u cant shoot a calf thats just outrageous in my opinion. Mybe some more wolf tags and or insentives would be in order ? I do get that the warmer winters we have had are infact reaking havoc on the moose due to increased number of moose tics and such. And i know we cant change that. But lets smarten up and do things right instead of back asswards !  Again. This is just my opinion from roaming around in the bush for 25 years and what i have noticed. When talking with people much older then myself they never seen wolves rarely ever. I usually see at least 3 a year. Cant be great for a orphaned calf wondering around weak and hungry ...

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

it is crazy, But most hunters who will get a cow tag will pull the trigger on a Cow that has a calf with her and let nature sort that calf out, I don't understand why a Hunter would take the cow. If you see a cow alone no problem but nothing gets me steamed up like listening to a hunter complain then add to the situation. I personally would not shoot a cow with calf. I think a cow tag should be treated like a sow bear with cubs.

Saying this I will not apply for a cow tag and I try to encourage others in my group to go Bull only.

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Resource Pimp
36 minutes ago, Thefishleclair said:

it is crazy, But most hunters who will get a cow tag will pull the trigger on a Cow that has a calf with her and let nature sort that calf out, I don't understand why a Hunter would take the cow. If you see a cow alone no problem but nothing gets me steamed up like listening to a hunter complain then add to the situation. I personally would not shoot a cow with calf. I think a cow tag should be treated like a sow bear with cubs.

Saying this I will not apply for a cow tag and I try to encourage others in my group to go Bull only.

Couldn't agree more. I think they should alternate bull only seasons. If you want eggs, you don't kill your hen.

• Like 1

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

RatherBeFishin
1 hour ago, Resource Pimp said:

Couldn't agree more. I think they should alternate bull only seasons. If you want eggs, you don't kill your hen.

Unless ur steelhead fishing 🤣🤣

right tailout.....

• Like 1

rceme74

I have hunted in other provinces who actually count the animals taken. Very simple, You tag an animal, take to a game station, its registered and a game seal replaces your tag. When the season is over all the records are collected and published on total numbers taken verses tags issued.  Works pretty good in most areas, I was surprised Ontario did not do this.

Sure cut down on the poaching and bad kills that seem to plague various regions of Ontario.