• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pound 4 Pound

Prince Craft Boats

Pound 4 Pound

Just looking for some feed back. I am interested in purchasing a Princecraft Sport 172 with a 115 Mercury 4stk from Nester Falls. Do you guys or gals run a Princecraft. I have read good and bad reviews they do appear to be well built boat The boat is rated for a 125 hp and just wondering if the 115 would be enough. I have looked at the Lunds, Legends and Crestliners and besides the Legend this one seems to be the most reasonably priced with better options added fish finder, trolling motor and not to mention storage.  I have a Legend now but looking to upgrade. Thanks for the advice.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Dad just bought one. 115 is fine. More than enough ponies for that hull. The 125 HP optimax doesn't run much better than the 115. I wouldn't worry about the rating .

His Runs40+ loaded with 115 optimax

Not a tone of storage but a great package. And dry compartments.  Nice high sides .

Great hole shot. Smoothe ride and very nimble.  Makes my nitro feel like driving a greyhound

We Just needed to lift motor a hole to fix spray issue.. we played with props so we also have a few props for the 115 if you need a stainless.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Pound 4 Pound

Thanks Stud if I do decide to go with it I will test it out and see how things go and maybe take you up on the props.

Adrian

I have a 162 ProSS and quite like it, but it is not perfect.  I have a 75 opti on it.  I cruise all day at 30 mph at 4100 rpm.  Quiet and fuel efficient.  (a 4s would be a little quieter)  The fit and finish is very well done, and it is a comfortable smooth ride.  Storage is good.  The only thing about the boat that I find not so nice, there are no splash rails at the waterline, and the people in the back seat can get wet in rougher water with a little quartering wind, or in really big water with the top up, water comes straight up the side of the boat, and inside the rear curtains right onto the back seat.  I don't know why they don't use splash rails.  Splash rails would also save a little dock rash.  I have some good rub marks from dock bumpers. I really like the long slop on the bow, when you come to shore, you don't have to jump 3 ft to get to shore, just step down.  The high sides are great for the grand kids.

Pound 4 Pound

Thanks for the info Adrian and yes I do like how deep they are four inches deeper than the expedition series. The 170 Expedition when inside it felt a little cramming from the drivers seat to the rear flip up seat. I like to stand behind the drivers seat while trolling. I could purchase the 2017 Legend XTR for the same price as the 2016 172 but I think the quality of the Princecraft is much better. Not trying to knock Legend as I own one now and it handles the rough water very well but want to upgrade from side console to full WS and full top for those nasty days you never know what could happen on Dog Lake within a few minutes.

forkhorn

I have a 172 sport and love it. I love the option of the flip up back seat which makes it real safe when I got the kids out salmon fishing or cruising on longer runs. And if I am fishing with the guys I will just keep it down. I have the 115 4 stroke and top speed load is @42 loaded with gear and 2 guys on a calm day. I have a few props to play with this year as well. I had down rigger plates made in town here for my riggers as well. You can pm a cell number and I can take some pics if you wanna see the layout. Definitely great value and a good investment