• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Tailout

The problem with this site.

Resource Pimp

Tailout posted first, he broke the 1st and 2nd rule of steelheading lol  Fight club does seem appropriate this time of year on this site tho.

steehead.jpg

• Like 1

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Gone8to1248

Okay!! With all this talk about Steelhead fishing I just have to come up there and see for myself just what is going on. I'm already packed up to go and will leave here early in the morning. I'll spend the night in Grand Marais and then drive in the rest of the way in the next morning. Thursday. I have my waders and fly gear all packed along with my cameras for taking pictures to post on here when I get back. See you all on the water! Not bad for a Chicago boy to know which streams to fish!!

Bernie

P.S. I only catch and release.

• Like 2

Amia Calva

See the real problem here is more people need to start fishing like me, I just donate lures to the river and help support the local tackle shops. Don't need to catch fish when the rocks put up a better fight than any measly steelhead!

But seriously, if anglers were wiping the steelhead out, we'd know by now. Habitat loss and pollution have always been much bigger concerns than recreational anglers. Besides, people have been fishing for steelhead since they were introduced here, if anything they are doing better now than they were back then, now that catch and release + stocking have become more common

EDIT- I'm from Southern Ontario, up here is paradise.

• Like 1

tronnyd88

this is hillarious. made me laugh the whole time i read. correct me if im wrong but isnt the reason they put rainbows in around here is to catch them?

• Like 4

tronnyd88

also to get people going.... the rainbow trout around here arnt steelhead cuz a steelhead is a rainbow that lives a portion of its life in salt water and spawns in fresh water

• Like 1

sliver

Tail out black bay is just returning to what it once was a great native population of walleye. Good it was cause a lot of our great walleye lakes were stocked with them 

• Like 1

arvey

Great job with the site Roger. I just returned from Duluth and every river and creek from there to Grand Maria was chuck full of steelheaders and I stopped and talk to a couple they heard about the run from this site.

• Like 1

Domer

Hey tailout, if u go now u can have ur secret spot to yourself. Heard they're jumping. 

• Like 1

Fishallspec

All I can say is WOW!

Coming from Vancouver, where salmon fisheries are controlled and regulated. We fished for the species when they were open and stopped when closed, that's it. I have seen guys lined up shoulder to shoulder on the Fraser and that is a s__t show! I am still a member of fishing forums there and of course any member there shares and discusses the happenings of each area or body of water. Just like this forum. Passing judgement to say the fishing pressure is directly related to a forum is a farce. "Most" members of fishing forums are good folk and like anything it only takes 1 to spoil the day. If fishing charter and local sporting shops are saying," It's HOT! get out there and they are using these new lures!" is it their fault that there are more guys out there? Must be! Tailout, if you REALLY do care, I suggest that you follow other members suggestions by working toward controlling the fishery. Working with clubs, forums and the local regulatory bodies is the diligent path to ensure the future of fishing.

Tight Lines!

RPM

• Like 1

Tailout

Maybe your right. Not the websites fault. Just the person who made the website. And your right only a small amount of rivers and to many people. Do the math. That's the problem. Don't need it advertised. You go about telling me I'm wrong then you make my exact point.

• Like 1

Domer

Hey ur mom is calling, sounds like your lucky charms are poured.  You'll find the  rainbow one day.

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

• Like 2

scandiman
On 2017-04-27 at 3:39 PM, Fishallspec said:

All I can say is WOW!

Coming from Vancouver, where salmon fisheries are controlled and regulated. We fished for the species when they were open and stopped when closed, that's it. I have seen guys lined up shoulder to shoulder on the Fraser and that is a s__t show! I am still a member of fishing forums there and of course any member there shares and discusses the happenings of each area or body of water. Just like this forum. Passing judgement to say the fishing pressure is directly related to a forum is a farce. "Most" members of fishing forums are good folk and like anything it only takes 1 to spoil the day. If fishing charter and local sporting shops are saying," It's HOT! get out there and they are using these new lures!" is it their fault that there are more guys out there? Must be! Tailout, if you REALLY do care, I suggest that you follow other members suggestions by working toward controlling the fishery. Working with clubs, forums and the local regulatory bodies is the diligent path to ensure the future of fishing.

Tight Lines!

RPM

Well said!

• Like 2