• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RatherBeFishin

Scope Mounts ?

RatherBeFishin

Wondering what a solid set of scope mounts happens to be nowadays. I just purchased a leupold vx6 and am putting it on a tikka whitetail hunter 300 win mag. Any info helps ! 

Thanks 

Dave D

dano

Weavers are good, made of steel so they're tough. Talley's would be another good option . Did your rifle have a scope on it before? Could just use the rings that were on it , unless your new scope has a different diameter tube. 

• Like 1

RatherBeFishin

Have weavers currently on my gun but tube is bigger on new scope , heard good things about talleys. Will check them out. Wondering if theres benefits to the one piece ones or ?

DLC

I believe most current Sako and Tikka rifles have proprietary scope mount systems called "Optilock". Best to talk to someone who knows, GMK maybe? I went with the Optilocks for my recently bought Sako. Pricey but solid.

Hope this helps.

Daryl

Edited by DLC
added info and deleted an error
  • Like 1