• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nnev

Minnesota Turkey Hunt

Nnev

I just got back from a Minnesota Turkey hunt and wow was it fun. Myself with group of 3 other guys with varying degrees of hunting experience (none with turkey hunting knowledge) went down to Brook Park, MN 10 minutes from Hinkley and stayed at a place called Gobbler Grove. The guest house was on a farm had 2 bedrooms with 2 single beds a living room and kitchen. For 500 a piece we stayed for 3 nights, had over 1100 acres all over the county to choose to hunt from with blinds already to go... oh and a sweet hunt shack for beverages after the day. Local members of the National Wild Turkey Federation even came out and called for us and showed us the ropes. We were lucky enough to go to the NWTF fundraising dinner where they called one of our party members on stage to congratulate him on his first turkey and present him with something to take back to Canada (a toilet plunger with a turkey head on it lol). 3/4 of us got birds but everyone had tons of birds come close to keep us entertained. There were so many turkeys out there one day I saw I bet a dozen hens and 15 Jakes within 30 yards. My decoy even took a beating from a pissed off hen and there were toms strutting 100 yards from the guest house at least once a day (when none of us were hunting that spot)..

If anyone is interested in something different and has an itchy trigger finger while sitting between hard and soft water turkey was a super fun change of pace with a lot of action and great people. The host was amazingly accommodating. 

If you want info feel free to PM me. Bringing a shotgun to 'murica wasn't even bad lol. 

• Like 2

eddylives

That sounds like a good time

What did it cost to get a license to hunt there?

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Nnev
16 hours ago, eddylives said:

That sounds like a good time

What did it cost to get a license to hunt there?

little pricey. $97 USD and all we needed was our PAL and Drivers License.