• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jelly Belly

Salmon 2017

Jelly Belly

Just got boat back from Wawa yesterday. If weather holds true I'll be going out. I would like to wish everyone good luck fishing salmon this year. Hope there is some nice catches. In fact I wish all success no matter what fish you all choose to go after. Please post any pic of salmon catches. Love to see them. Good luck all. 

Terry

• Like 4

RatherBeFishin

Got a few river salmon this year already. Some real nice ones ! Weird thing was. All the females we caught were full of spawn and loose to boot. Caught them on my steelhead gear. A 9ft6" med action rod and a 2500 size spinning reel. Almost spooled me once or twice. Next time im bringing the level wind. Wasnt expecting salmon thats for sure. Good luck this season to you also. 

Jelly Belly

Awesome. Usually I'm out by now and get the odd ones in front of the white river this month then June seems to be in front of the pic. July August is wawa till the end.

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Went out late sat afternoon till 8. Nothing. Was hoping for one but was happy to get out in boat.

Tip-Up

Picked up 2 on Sunday........

Sobey's $9.99/lb :smiley-laughing025:

pastor norm

Will be launching in Lake Superior in a couple of places (Silver Harbour and Current River).  Is anyone connecting with salmon yet?    I was at the coast and picked up a couple of new spoons that have been hot for winter springs.  Wanna give them a real test.

Jelly Belly

Going to walleye fish this weekend. Then it'll be fishing pretty much the big lake after that. I've heard of some nice ones being caught already. Good sizes too!

pastor norm

Launched at Silver Islet.  Trolled all the way to Cranberry. One massive laker is all I had to show for it.

Tried spoons. Hoochies. Flashers combos.  Lots of bait and lots of fish marked.  None save one 

tasted my hardware.   Gorgeous day and perfect conditions. 

Launched at Squaw bay. Trolled for 5 hrs. No massive laker. No massive salmon. No tiny salmon. No tiny laker. No hits. No bits. :).   Gorgeous day and perfect conditions. 

pastor norm

Ha!  It was nice out there, wasn't it?   I was so pumped to try a couple of new spoons I picked up from the coast (at 15 bucks each!).  Clipped one on to the leader and threw it overboard.  Except I forgot to clip the other end of the leader to the flasher.  You might have heard me cussing across the bay. 

Wasn't the water off your launch a little too murky with run off to troll?  

Ha.

Yeah we had a hard time finding water temp/clarity.

Jelly Belly

Went out tonight. 6 hits. One salmon. Had to keep it as it sewed it's lips shut. Buddy hasn't sent the pic yet. Was maybe 3 pounder. Seemed to want green northern king monkey puke.

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Got the pic. Can't post it as I forgot I stick my tounge out at a dig for my other buddy who wasn't allowed to go. So I'll skip posting that one lol.

Jelly Belly

Went out tonight. 2 hits and a small salmon caught. Went back in 2 grow.

10404.jpeg

• Like 2

Jelly Belly

Tip up right now in front of white river temp is holding 50 mark at mouth. Surface that is. Getting away from mouth temp drops fast. Went out tonight picked 2 up. One on nk green monkey puke 30 feet deep in 60 feet water. Second one was on a green 8 inch proking flasher with a smelt in a green anchovy head 25 feet deep in 45 feet water. We always run at least one smelt. Can't upload the pic. Maybe Roger can pm me a email address and he can slide it in. 

• Like 2

Jelly Belly

K figured it out. Pic was to much mb. Made it smaller.

Screenshot_20170525-230625.png

• Like 2

pastor norm

Was out again today near Cranberry.  Not much wind.  Water temps a little better.  Lots of bait balls and haystacks. Not a single hit on the downriggered lines.  Others I talked to had similar experiences.  It's not the same as last year this time around.  I marked all kinds of adult fish.  My guess is they will be hitting a week from now. 

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Pastor norm i agree. Although we've picked some up. Couple weeks should get better.

pastor norm

JB salmon caught off the mouth of the White River, I take it.  I am happy you are using teaser heads with smelt.

Behind a flasher?   I used to bring anchovies from the coast to troll. Now they are sold here in town at DNR, I believe. 

Nice fish!  10 lbs+? 

pastor norm

small flasher....I didn't read that at first.  They stopped selling the 8 inch flashers on the west coast for some reason. 

But they were dynamite when attached to a 3 foot leader trailing a home-made buck-tail type fly...always in green.

My biggest northern coho succumbed to that rig... 22 lbs!   

Jelly Belly

Yeah we troll smelts lots. Salt them to stiffen them up a bit. Put them on the anchovy heads put slight bend in them for a roll like you would do with the anchovy nothing different then you know how to do. We do real well running that over the summer. We started doing that a couple years ago. Figured they eat the all year why not troll them.

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Went last night. Picked up two. One on nk green monkey puke. One on a proking can't remember what it's called but half one side is green other half is blue. Best I can do for the pic is in the box. I was solo.

20170526_193045.jpg

• Like 2