• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jelly Belly

Salmon 2017

Noah santorelli

Went on the nip 3 days ago 1 salmonella n lost one and 7 Brookies and tonight I went to the black sturgeon to fish some big 

bass and ended up with 4 kings and 15 bass 

• Thanks 1

rceme74

I was there on Thursday, lost one King, and caught 5 walleye. Not sure what's going on, never seen that many walleye caught with such regularity. Saw one really nice laker caught below the creek. That was the first one I've seen.  Not much motion, hopefully it will pickup after labour day.

• Thanks 1

Noah santorelli

Any pinks in the rivers yet? Don't have very much time rn 

brookiebuster

Pinks are in 

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

brookiebuster

Lots in Mackenzie, pretty much every river has them right now.

Jelly Belly

Thinking my salmon fishing is about done. Winds have been high here and in wawa. Now that hinting begins this weekend pretty much time boat is going away. I had a good year and met some new people I got to fish with from this board that made the year even better. Now 2018 hurry and get here!

rceme74

This one did not get away. Today after the monsoon hit the river this afternoon. Lots of pinks jumping and plenty of Kings.

FullSizeR_2.jpg

kbrest

The pinks were so thick in the pockets of the falls in the mackenzie mouth yesterday you could walk across them. I swear there was more of them then sucker in the spring. Took some videos/pics and just fished the deeper water at the mouth to see if any Cohos were around. However just like every year, watched two idiots throw 4" spoons into the 14" of water by the falls and snag fish after fish even after i told them not to bother with spoons cause that will happen. Every spring and fall these kind of guys continue to give the Loogan their name.

• Like 2

Thefishleclair

Oh yeah. Let the snag fest begin. Saw a young fella teach his girlfriend the ole " Set the hook on a down drift " at the end of every drift. Unfortunately I ended up getting a coho but 'teas in its back as well. The fish are in thick. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

oyo

hey i used a small spoon out at the falls yesterday, but in the mouth and the pool area before the falls. No fish, just snags :)

brookiebuster

1/8th oz little cleos were good for pinks today. Snagged one out of the 20 fish I caught.

RT04

If you wanna have a real good time with some Pinks, go to the Mackenzie at 6:30am and watch dozens and dozens of fish rolling at the mouth of the river feasting on the morning hatch for about an hour and a half. Real good show, and if you fly fish you can capitalize on it before the fish decide its time to test the rapids and falls for the day. 

kbrest

I find the smaller the better. The small spoon with a little treble works without snagging. I fly fish primarily there and I basically was using a small egg on a #12 hook and clipped the barb and just slow drifted the pockets and the pool and only the hungry ones grabbed it. No fouls as you didnt set at the end of the drift. 

I would love to get out there that early though and toss dry flies, salmon on the surface? Yes please!

• Like 1

Noah santorelli

Went to a creek on the reserve today and managed to get 12 pinks 3 cohos and a nice rainbow almost 8 pounds also seen a few kings

Powley9

Had a really fun time catching pinks for the first time ever in the rapids up river and casting out into the mouth from shore last night, at Mackenzie, catching about 25 in total. I released them all so they can carry on doing their thing. But I'm just wondering if anyone has caught anything else in the river or casting out into the mouth? Or this time of year is just mainly the pink salmon.  Thanks !

kbrest

Cohos will be around, coaster brook trout, steelhead soon.

• Thanks 1

Zackcorbin1401

I didn't take this video but look how low the water is

naden

that video is crazy!

Porkchop21

I was there yesterday and yes water is very low. Pinks are in thick. 

gsambray

How long will they keep the dam closed?

Noah santorelli

Are there still some salmon around in the nip wanna get out one more time this year

tbayfinn

Alexander flows are going back to where they were this week after they chopped it in half suddenly. Looks like OPG is trying to get Lake Nipigon up to its median level (purple line)... but they didn't do that last year (gray line)? 

Lake Nipigon Level.jpg

Alexander Flows.jpg

alexander flow graph.jpg