• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jelly Belly

Salmon 2017

Junior

Well I have been out two times in the area over the last three weeks. I fished the Welcomes, Pi Island, the Giant and the Grand Reef. The only fish we caught were lake trout. Tried Black Bay this weekend and we were a little more successful. We caught lots of trout, 1 rainbow and 2 salmon.

The first salmon of the season was a nice fish weighing in at 13 lbs. Water temps are still cold with surface temperatures only hitting 57 degrees.

Hope next weekend picks up for the derby.

Salmon_2017.png

pastor norm

Nicely done, guys. 

And thanks for the info

Fred

That looks like a nice size rainbow. How big was it?

riverrunner

Went trolling out this morning past the break wall. No salmon but picked up this nice rainbow on a long line while the downriggers didn't get hit at all. Cleaned it and interestingly enough found lots of flys in it's stomach. IMG_20170711_082531_208.thumb.jpg.9959930c644601bb1b65d3382637fd6f.jpg

• Like 2

oyo

Haha What up J! You got to text me to go fishing if you are doing it around town.

-A

fishpals

Reminder that the Salmon Fish Derby Starts tomorrow and ends on Sunday.

Tickets are available at Woodys Trailer World, and D&R.

Jelly Belly

Nice fish guys. Was gone for awhile.had little internet service where I was. Very nice fish.

Jelly Belly

Went out tonight picked up a small one. 

CDF9BD16-.jpg

naden

Was out in little trout bay early morning yesterday, caught 4 lakers, no salmon and one knock off, others we talked to said the same thing. How is everyone doing in the salmon derby?

naden
8 hours ago, Jelly Belly said:

Out tonight. One salmon 1 lakers.

Resized_20170715_181402.jpg

Thats a beauty!!

Jelly Belly

When the girls want a pink spoon ya got to put down a pink spoon! But it paid off this afternoon.

Resized_20170716_121232.jpg

Jelly Belly

Went out to Coldwell tonight picked this one up 28 feet down in 80 feet water. On a pro king same as this afternoon. Best I can describe the spoon is when you turn it side to side it looks pink more then anything. 17 on a digital scale

20170716_223556.jpg

pastor norm

awesome fish.

I wonder how the Thunder Bay salmon derby entrants fared...

AB
11 hours ago, pastor norm said:

awesome fish.

I wonder how the Thunder Bay salmon derby entrants fared...

In a word, poorly.

3 days, just less than 300 anglers paid in and less than 130 salmon weighed in by the close on Sunday.

Largest salmon caught weighed in just over 16lbs and was caught weighed in Friday. The fish was caught just off the harbor break wall according to the scuttlebutt.

Things should pick up in August...they can't get much worse!

Good Luck!

AB

Bottom Bouncer

Trolled Black Bay Friday  & out front all around the Welcomes on Sunday and then some. Total approximately 15-16 hrs on the water trolling for Salmon the 2 days. Picked up 1 Salmon 15". Tough bite. Like AB said...can't get much worse. 

REELBAIT

fishman1

Worst year in ages for salmon. Boat cover will stay on the boat unless things improve drastically.

staring at a bent rod in the down rigger gets old pretty quick!

Kaptain Kirk

IT should get better soon. I believe everything is about 3 weeks behind this year. So let's hope things will get better. Tight lines folks 

dano

Water temps are good, seems to be lots of bait.  see what happens. At least the top 3 salmon that  were weighed in at the derby were  a decent size.

Jelly Belly

I apologize for posting as I have been. I know it can be frustrating not catching. Here it's opposite I've been fishing these now for 5 years here and never got the sizes we are getting. Makes me wonder why. We get them before bit where always 2 - 4 pounders  if you got a 8 pounder here the last 5 years that  was a big salmon. Never really got numbers and size till we went to wawa. So sorry guys and gals I'll slow down on the posts for a bit. Hope at least you all enjoyed the pics.

Barrski

Fished Saturday/Sunday of the derby, about 16 hrs total, only one salmon each day 5&10, tough fish for sure.  Fished turtle head, cape and the flats east of welcomes. 

Castnblast
4 hours ago, Jelly Belly said:

I apologize for posting as I have been. I know it can be frustrating not catching. Here it's opposite I've been fishing these now for 5 years here and never got the sizes we are getting. Makes me wonder why. We get them before bit where always 2 - 4 pounders  if you got a 8 pounder here the last 5 years that  was a big salmon. Never really got numbers and size till we went to wawa. So sorry guys and gals I'll slow down on the posts for a bit. Hope at least you all enjoyed the pics.

Post away, good to see some fish!

• Like 2

pastor norm

No way, Jelly Belly.  Keep it up.

Hoping to get to Wawa soon.