• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

McIntyre floodway

gsambray

Anyone know the depth or have a map of the river showing depth?  Been fishing it off and on this year and was just curious if anyone can share some info

eddylives

The flood way was dredged awhile back from the mouth up to??

I have no idea what the depth is any more ? lol

I have been known to head down and sport fish for pike on occasion from Island drive bridge to the mouth with good days and bad days haha.

There is always a chance to hook into a monster size down there as I have picked up a few big ones and witnessed some true monsters being caught

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

fisherdude

Springtime is best down there for those like for sure. They can get massive for sure. 

gsambray

Sounds like I better change up my presentation. I've just been using a slip bobber over a plain hook and a worm. Might need to go and toss some big spoons around

eddylives

Big spoons can produce.

I've seen some people using a surface bait that spins and makes a buzzing type noise causing a commotion.

I've had strikes almost the instant the spoon hit the water.....the splash did not even hit the water yet lol.

I have noticed over the years that the fishing can vary from heavy action to nothing at all.

I would start at the bridge and work my way down to the mouth using a fan pattern and if i did not get any action I would just try again another day.

• Like 1

gsambray

Finally a sunny day. Gonna try to hook into a gator this evening after work. I've dug out the arsenal of big spoons and a bunch of jerk baits. I will post if I happen to hook into one

fisherdude

Biggest rubber baits you have, have always seemed to produce best for me. As stated above the surface lures are fun. That was possibly my dad using that lol

gsambray

Went yesterday evening and it was the most action I have ever had there. Nothing landed but lots of followers right to shore and 2 times I had puke hit a big jerk bait so hard that it broke off instantly. The second was a monster. It actually came out of the water and broke a steel leader in half. Definitely going back again tonight. Who knew that pike that bike are right in town. All I can say is wow

fisherdude

Iv seen them up to 45 inches caught there, tons of 37-42. Pay attention the closer to shore you get, they beach themselves trying to hit it right at the last second a lot.

fisherdude

Also, it's important to have good forcepts n jawspreaders to if possible. It's not fun trying to get hooks out of a pike when u can't even get your hands around their shoulders.

eddylives

OH MY GOD!!! what have I done........

Now the whole world will be down there fishing.....

Loqfuist lk all over again.

Glad to hear that people are having successful trips there....so close and so much entertainment 

• Like 1

gsambray

I'm surprised there isn't more people there. Out of my last 5 trips there I've only seen one other person fishing. 

gsambray

Floodway gatorsimage.thumb.jpg.1dc75af3f2688eeba7606cb2c7731cbc.jpg

38 inches long. 20+ inch girth. Digital scale read 22.089 pounds. My biggest to date and only had to walk 10 minutes from home

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
6 minutes ago, gsambray said:

Floodway gatorsimage.thumb.jpg.1dc75af3f2688eeba7606cb2c7731cbc.jpg

38 inches long. 20+ inch girth. Digital scale read 22.089 pounds. My biggest to date and only had to walk 10 minutes from home

Beauty

Bobber Down

very nice

the water beckoned his line that day.....

the cast was made exactly his way.....

a twitch a jerk his rod played well.....

the great pike challenged and defiantly fell.....

so here you have the power, that be.....

those internet words and the results, we see.

• Like 2

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

flyndie22

Anyone ever walk the whole thing up to like home depot or fish it in summer ? 

Amia Calva

Geez that is a big pike

Any redhorse there? Round Whitefish?

I scouted that area out last year (on google maps) and thought it might have some of those, never got around to fishing it though.

gsambray

There's lots of fish jumping all the time. Not sure what they are but just might be what your looking for

flyndie22

Went there at 8 last night in between the rain storms and I seen 4 rainbows clear as day jumping at the mouth no pike tho. Even had a rainbow follow my spoon right to shore 

gsambray

From the bridge on island drive to Lake Superior is still zone 6 or would that be zone 9. I usually release what I catch there but in case I decide to keep a few

Bobber Down

I believe that you would still be in zone 6. Here is the guideline map for zone 9 http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/241406.pdf

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!