• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Sick fish

Adrian

We were fishing in the East River at the end of East Bay on Dog lake last weekend and we caught a number of larger fish ...17 - 22 inch.  One of the fish had a large number of lesions on it.  I have seen many with one or two, but never like this one.  I bet it had 30 - 40 fleshy bumps on it, even on the fins.  I have read that it is ok to eat these fish, but not me, not this one.  It was right ugly.  Any one else ever see this.

sick fish.jpg

Bobber Down

Not with that many. Usually only one or two. A 19 incher we caught on the Kam  (same watershed) Thursday had one. Give that one to the Mother In Law

• Like 3

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

RH.

Caught one on the long weekend at sturge lake, had tons of them just like this one, a few of them were even bleeding. We ate it because the fillets seemed fine when we cleaned it and I'm still alive so it's nothing dangerous 

Zackcorbin1401

Caught one like that at dog this week too not quite as many though

RH.

What the hell is that

sinker7

Caught this one out of a lake in the Graham area back in the fall of 2015. Had equal amounts of 'warts' both  on sides of the body. Never seen one before like this out of this lake. Feed it to the mother in law. She lived but doesn't look the same .... LOL.  Seriously the fish was released and hopefully it is doing fine. 

10132015 008.JPG

• Like 1

eyelander

Darn it Captain, my coffee came out my nose. At least it was just coffee and not beer.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

hunt or be hunted

I got one with the same amount of warts all over up their as well on the long weekend in the east dog river and we ate it ( well the gf did lol 😂 and she's fine ) I'm actully blurred in the far background of ur picture in the dark coloured Lund lol 

mad scientist
10 hours ago, naden said:

Definitely lymphocystis.  Viral disease transmitted during spawning, not fatal to the fish, they typically lose the growths over the course of the year.  Ugly, but specific to walleye and perch, not transmittable to humans.

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Grounds Keeper Willie

Spring sores. We were there Saturday too caught one that had one on gill plate. We've caught some nasty ones over the years in east bay we just chuck them back. A CO told me they're harmless to the fish and will go away in a matter or weeks. 

AGGGH