• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Owen Heathcote

Carp fishing in Thunder Bay

Owen Heathcote

I was wondering if there are any fishermen that fish for carp in the Thunder Bay Area. I wish to get back into fishing for carp and I am new to Thunder Bay. I see a few potential spots like the mouth of Current river, Island view fishing dock and Mission island conservation area. I will be trying these spots but was hoping there are other people out there that fish for these fish in the area that I can touch base with.

Thefishleclair

I've gotten them in the Kam. But never targeted them. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Some Old Guy

I have seen them nosing around in the shallows along MacKenzie beach area. Plenty of them were quite large.

I remember the first time seeing them years ago. I actually waded out to see these huge fish going nuts in the reeds. I got a little too close and they all took off. 

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

kbrest
18 hours ago, Owen Heathcote said:

I was wondering if there are any fishermen that fish for carp in the Thunder Bay Area. I wish to get back into fishing for carp and I am new to Thunder Bay. I see a few potential spots like the mouth of Current river, Island view fishing dock and Mission island conservation area. I will be trying these spots but was hoping there are other people out there that fish for these fish in the area that I can touch base with.

Welcome to Thunder Bay. The Current River mouth has a lot of carp in the shallows near the gtain elevator. Right where the second mouth flows out. I have been trying for two seasons now for carp there on the fly with no luck...yet. When the water is very calm and the sun is out you can see them in schools of 4-5. You can also wade out in that spot a fair distance if needed.

Owen Heathcote

I will just head out and try for them starting at Current river. I will post my results.

• Like 2

tdhopkin
On 6/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, Owen Heathcote said:

I will just head out and try for them starting at Current river. I will post my results.

I was down there the other evening and pulled one up. Wasn't big by any means, but it was there! Was unsure about what it was at first, but quickly figured it out!