• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tbayfinn

Black Sturgeon Rd.

tbayfinn

I am hearing that Black Sturgeon Rd. is washed out somewhere. Can anyone advise exactly where? Also how rough is it this year up to the Nonwatin area?

Broncos

A friend went up Black Sturgeon for opening weekend cost him and his group 3 trailer tires and a broken set of springs

seppi

Yes it is awful ,terrible shape for a Provincial Park road !!!!!!   I know the MNR has passed the buck on road repair to the forestry companies , my question is who polices them on road upkeep ,at least the main roads !!

Seppi  :angry2:

• Like 1

therealfndeal

Haven't been there in a week but up to the mawn was fantastic then after that slow down 

• Like 1

therealfndeal

Went to big sturge today got a flat on the 1st landing road no spare but ran into a few people and they made a call for us so we launched the boat by hand fished for two hours got our limits and by the time we got back our help had arrived and changed the tire. Also the mawn is graded and it's smooth 

tbayfinn
On 6/16/2017 at 3:57 PM, seppi said:

Yes it is awful ,terrible shape for a Provincial Park road !!!!!!   I know the MNR has passed the buck on road repair to the forestry companies , my question is who polices them on road upkeep ,at least the main roads !!

Seppi  :angry2:

It's sad, they spend money to maintain and replace the bridges but can't find money to grade the road even once a year. I remember when the road was once shown on the Ontario highway map and you could easily drive through to Kab Lake!

• Like 1

tbayfinn

Fresh 10 foot deep washout a few km north of Nonwatin bridge. Went in fishing today, came out to a washout, likely a broken beaver dam. 1 hour extra detour to get home via Sturgeon Rd and Hwy 527. On the positive side Steve Ward contracting is grading the road, likely to the new logging roads pushed in by Black Sturgeon Lake.

20170625_195324.jpg

Azarius

EDIT:   Repair crews were finally on scene on July 4th - can not confirm if road repairs are complete at this time (July 6th, 2017)

WARNING:

AS OF THIS MORNING, THURSDAY JUNE 29th - BSR is WASHED AT MM 58 (just south of the Muskrat Road turn off) - impassable!   My dad was going out there this morning and returned to let me know... Make alternate arrangements for the long weekend to get where you're going

• Like 3

tbfish

anyone have any updates on whether or not black sturgeon's washout got fixed? Or if its in eben wworse condition now after the rains?

walleye seeker

It's fixed. I was up to north end of Black Sturgeon Lake today. Even with recent grading the road is still rough. 

• Like 1