• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

UTV insurance.....where?

eddylives

I am wondering where people are insuring their off road vehicles?

I have looked into getting something like a argo or terra jet but hit a road block with insurance.

So far I can only find the "facility" insurance which is the equivalent of after an impaired charge and usually costs more than the machine lol

Just wondering where people get theirs for a reasonable price or do they just not insure these type units?

For example I purchased a little 200cc BAJA sold at canadian tire for 8-900 new and when I looked into insurance they wanted $2300 per year for liability ins.

Now that is as crazy as it gets lmfao

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

levi64

I just use Allstate, they have all my propertys and vehicles, including atv,s and snowmachines price is reasonable, I wouldn't even think of driving one off private property without insurance, the fine is 5k and pretty sure any insurance company would not want to touch you after that.    That price your were quoted is totally unreasonable and I don't pay anywhere near that, I think it comes out to about 200 bucks for one atv per year and I think I have everything on it.

RH.

I use TD meloche monnex insurance for my sled and ATV, price is decent 

eddylives

Thanks levi and reilly.

I will try those places and see what they have to say.

Does anyone on here insure an argo?

levi64
11 hours ago, reilly harris said:

I use TD meloche monnex insurance for my sled and ATV, price is decent 

I used TD for my street bikes when I had them. I think it used to be called Primum before TD took them over.  I forgot about them, they were the best prices for street bikes by far, Well worth checking out, I never had any issues with them, of course I never had a claim either.

RLK

Not sure if you no or not but you can take ATV insurance off and put it back on as often as you want during a year. I take my ATV insurance  off in the winter  and put it back on in the spring.

eddylives

Well so far insurance on a terra jet is a bust.

Lots of places do not insure many off road vehicles it seems.....and can only offer "facility" insurance which is the most expensive and usually what you pay for as if you received an impaired conviction lol

Waiting for one more reply from Allstate and if its not good I am at a loss 

Sageboy

I use Desjardins Insurance for my trucks, house and quad. The quad is 2007 Suzuki King Quad and is around $220 which includes theft.

eddylives

Its very unfortunate that it seems we have a system developed that seemingly regulates itself for the most part.

They decide what they will insure and what they don't want to and leave you with two choices......pay massive amounts or run without.

The sad part is law requires the coverage on public land and they know it.

Its pretty sad when they will insure a machine capable of high speeds and not a machine that is a slow work horse like an argo or terra jet........I don't mean they won't offer coverage.....they only offer their required by law coverage through facility which has rates that many would not pay or afford.

A very crooked system in many ways lmfao.

• Like 1

hunt or be hunted

Give broker link a call, i have everything bundle up house/auto/sleds/atv/boats and trailers and I did have my Argo in the package as well until I sold it, 200-240 Argo/atv cheers! 

eddylives

I will try brokerlink again but i think they may have dropped many utv's for coverage

eddylives

Well so far finding insurance for a terra jet is a bust.

Allstate has not bothered to call me back after I talked to them....almost two weeks ago....really good customer service lmfao

Brokerlink just called to say that no one will write it and facility insurance is their only option. Big coin $$$$$

I guess this means many different UTV's are great to run on private property but forget about using it on public lands.

Any other ideas for reasonable coverage?

Bobber Down

A good tarp will run ya about $25. :lol:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eddylives
7 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

A good tarp will run ya about $25. :lol:

I need that magic tarp that you throw over the rig and it makes it look like a rock or bush to hide when the man comes looking to bust ya lol

gsambray

Slap an orange triangle on the back and call it a day