• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Drift lake road, firewood in ditch

Benji

Went up to drift lake today, for a cruise...

theres piles of trees in the ditch, 8" and under kinda size trees. Seems like a waste when someone could go and cut them up for firewood. 

Would this get me in trouble with a logging conpany? 

Or are they ok to take?

anyone have an idea which outfit is up in the drift lake area cutting?

thanks

brookiebuster

In order to take firewood from crown land you need to get a fuel wood permit from the mnr. They run about $30. Usually logging company's will leave the stuff they don't want in piles along the road as long as they're not in neatly stacked piles then you should be good.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

hunt or be hunted

If the wood has already been cut by a logger and left behind do u still need a permit as ur not cutting down fresh wood but taken already harvested left behind wood ????? 

• Like 1

Benji
23 hours ago, hunt or be hunted said:

If the wood has already been cut by a logger and left behind do u still need a permit as ur not cutting down fresh wood but taken already harvested left behind wood ????? 

Couldnt tell you now, but maybe tomorrow morning, I'll ask bosss boss

naden
On 7/18/2017 at 11:15 PM, hunt or be hunted said:

Technically yes you do, but I've only ever heard of people buying a fuel wood permit if they were cutting enough wood to heat a cabin or house etc. Never heard of someone getting one for just a camp fire.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/using-wood-crown-land-personal-use

Some Old Guy

I used to get a fuel wood permit. It states how much of each specie of trees you can cut. It specifically said no cutting of live trees. You could take what was left behind. You also had to get signed permission from the company that had the rights for the trees.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

We spent many seasons out there and would scavenge fire wood by the box full for bon fires at the camper.

Just stick to the slash piles and such .......logging operations do not appreciate anyone messing around with their income and I know for a fact they have trail cams set up after an incident of vandalism a number of years ago.

We were never asked about wood when the ministry paid a visit even when there was better than a face cord split and piled there lmao

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it