• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RatherBeFishin

Moose Tags Out !!

RatherBeFishin

Well. We had a group of 4 and we got 1 bull tag for area 13 this year ! Cannot complain with that end result. How did everyone else make out this year for tags ? 

arvey

This is my 5 or 6 yr with no tag in area 13 . I'm not in a group or anything like that I go it alone , I guess that's the way it goes.

fishman1
2 hours ago, arvey said:

This is my 5 or 6 yr with no tag in area 13 . I'm not in a group or anything like that I go it alone , I guess that's the way it goes.

I think the days of getting a tag alone in 13 is close to being struck with lightning twice dropping off your application in the mailbox.

Hunter

Applied alone in 13 and got a cow tag for bows only.

hunt or be hunted

Our group was successful in 16b after 4 yrs no tag ! 

jonnyriabov

got lucky - bull 13 !

Spectre

Anyone have  any luck in the surplus tags yesterday?

nwodeerhunter

Cow for 1C from the surplus line yesterday. Cow in 15B in the draw.

Edited by nwodeerhunter
addition

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

naden

cow and bull in 11b for us

Zackcorbin1401

Calf in 15b and archery cow in 13 for me.

firebird

No adult in 15B but got a surplus cow for 21A. Just don't know 21A lol

Buck 120

Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) 21A is located in Nipigon District.

The WMU is bounded on the west by Lake Nipigon and the Nipigon River to Lake Superior, on the south by the Lake Superior coast to Schreiber point, the US border and the Pic River. The east boundary follows the Pic River, and Caramat Road to Highway 11. Highway 11 forms the north boundary of the unit to the Blackwater River near Beardmore, where the boundary folllows the Blackwater River to Lake Nipigon.

WMU 21A has a total area of 18,909 km2 and is part of Cervid Ecological Zone (CEZ) B.

Cervid Ecological Zone B

Moose, white-tailed deer and woodland caribou live in this zone. For moose, the goal is to maintain a low to moderate density population and habitat may be managed as appropriate to achieve this. White-tailed deer are managed to maintain a low population density in this zone.

A key management objective is to minimize impacts on woodland caribou populations through maintenance or restoration activities. Within caribou range, maintaining low densities of moose and deer that reflect natural ecological conditions is consistent with managing the wildlife community and current provincial caribou and moose policy direction.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Buck 120

Interesting moose reports are available from the MNR.  Here is the link for 13:

http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fish-and-wildlife/moose-resource-report-wmu-13-final-2014.pdf

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

firebird

Yes i have seen them, are the caribou populations that much different than 50, 100, years ago? Enough so to try and thin the moose down. I think the moose is the greater resource.

The biggest competitor IMO is the deer and theres not much done in culling the deer out of the 'moose' and "caribou" areas.