• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Kam River trophy's come out to play

Bobber Down

First cast this morning (9ish) produced spectacular results. Largest Walleye my guest ever saw caught. Trolled up to the Old Fort without any boat traffic and added several eaters to the stringer. Surprisingly not as many when it was in the 90's a week ago, but the water flow is slower now and the water level is also down a bit. Windy at times but as you can see in the pics the trophy's were both caught on almost glass like water conditions. No Walleye chop there. The second beast was caught a little after 1pm and is the largest he ever caught. A very happy guest in my boat to be sure. Pics were taken and both released to catch another day.

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

• Like 3

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eddylives

Nice

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Bobber Down

No trophy Walleye today but a trophy northern came out to play. 27 pounds. Wife said 48 inches. This one had scars and gashes from an even bigger fish.

IMG_5333.JPG

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Mykiss

Not a good way to hold a fish if it was released......back bone and gill raker damage is probable

Bobber Down
1 hour ago, Mykiss said:

Not a good way to hold a fish if it was released......back bone and gill raker damage is probable

I sure hope your wrong. I had it horizontal on my lap for the wife to measure and had it vertical for about 6 seconds for a quick pic and a weight check with the Boga. Sure was feisty on the release and showed no signs of wear. I am sure it is fine. Thanks for your concern though and reminding all members how not to hold a fish. 

Mykiss

Sorry for questioning your handling of this beautiful pike. Once out of water fish are rather fragile ( they do not have the support of surrounding water) . They should be fully supported with both hands one under belly the other holding the tail....never place your hand in the gill area.

Hanging a fish (especially a large one) vertically ( even for a short time) will stretch back muscles and even separate vertebrae in the back bone plus damage gill arches and the connective tissue. The other mistake many anglers make is keeping fish out of water to long......a good idea is keeping the fish in the water while removing the hooks .....If a picture is taken a quick lift while supporting the fish fully....then back in the water.

• Like 2

gsambray

Remove pike from water, take a quick pic, return pike to brine and set free in smoker. Got it lol

• Like 1