• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Walleye - in the path of totality

Bobber Down

So how will the Walleye bite be? What are your thoughts on this and if you are fishing let us know if you felt the eclipse helped or not. It has been stated the evening Walleye bite is good an hour before sunset and a couple of hours into the evening. Sometimes all through the night. If that's the case and the Walleye think it's getting dark will they put on an early feeding frenzy this afternoon. Unfortunately I cannot be on the water to experience this. The total eclipse we will experience will only be about 75%. The eclipse here starts at 12:52 pm and ends at 3:28 pm for a total time of 2 hours 36 minutes. The next one will be July 22 2028.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Thefishleclair

I catch walleye all day long. And have actually found that as the sun sets the bite dies in 3 bodies of water I fish.

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Bobber Down

I have had the same result as you Thefishleclair. The eclipse, even with 74% blockage of light didn't get dark here enough to influence any fish bite. From what I saw on tv the complete and total eclipse looked like it was something we would experience between a half hour to one hour after sunset. Took 2 pics at the maximum. One without a filter and one with. Don't look directly at the sun or you could burn your retina. Enjoy

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Adrian

We were on Dog Lake, and it only got a tiny bit darker, if you can call it that......

RickS

I was on Cliff Lake (between Vermillion Bay and Ear Falls) and had a very thick layer of clouds so there was no dimming of the sunlight as the eclipse occurred.  We were trolling for trout and had a very slow day so definitely no noticeable bump in feeding activity due to the eclipse.