• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pastor norm

What would you pay for this boat and trailer?

pastor norm

I am considering the sale of my beloved welded aluminum boat.  There are not many people who understand the value of these boats but they are certainly popular on the coast where I am heading in a couple of days.  I purchased this boat in 2004 as an economical and safe way to access salmon inshore fishing off Vancouver Island.  Since my move to Thunder Bay it has proved versatile for any trailerable lakes and rivers, including the Nipigon.  It has logged over 1800 hours on the 4 stroke Yammy engine, but it has been maintained faithfully over the years and runs like a top.  Just visited White Otter Castle and Clearwater last weekend. Top speed is 30 miles hour, which I find is plenty fast for zipping up Bay Black or across Dog Lake or Shebs. Built in gas tank (10 gallons). I purchased a new Highliner galvanized trailer with 14 inch wheels last year. It also comes with a Lawrance finder/GPS with assorted chips, manual scotties and rod holders,  and other assorted fishing equipment. No livewell but there are two big waterproof fish boxes.

POst your ideas here.  Or PM me for an offer.  I will be heading out tomorrow (without the boat) to visit family and check the market there.  It's a deep 15' footer with engine pod extending the hull by 2 feet

20170902_143314[1].jpg

20170902_143338[1].jpg

20170902_143349[1].jpg

pastor norm

no hurt feelings... honest.  Just want to get a feel for expectations here and  there.  No use dragging it all the way to the coast ...

Let me float a ballpark figure. 10,000. My chums tell me way more but they are not buying the boat...~s

Some Old Guy

Hmm I don't know. What's the beam width and aluminum thickness?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

pastor norm

72" beam... 28" freeboard.  1/8 inch marine aluminum all over.

the boat weighs 1,000 without the motor.

For  15' the narrow beam helps cutting waves.

I have watched wider boats wallow around a lot on Lake Superior

I even offer to cut the waves for them. :) 

It can be a blast riding the waves on Dog Lake!

It's meant for 2 people fishing. 50 hp max horsepower rating.

I had four on the boat going to white otter castle and got on plane fine.

The gunwales are wide and self baling.  They stiffen the boat and 

support the engine pod.  They also provide side shelves and you can easily sit 

anywhere on the gunwales.  Casting platform up front was mean for

fly casting.  

Don't be afraid to speak your mind.  It's helping me manage my assets.

zr500

I would like to say its worth 10g BUT with that amount of hours on the engine and being a smaller market for a boat like that, good luck... probably get just under 10 if you are patient 

AB

For such a specialized boat you might be wise to contact the manufacturer and see if they would sell it on consignment for you.

Might be worth it to drag it out to a larger market than north western Ontario. 

The motor, like any used motor depreciates at 10% each year. The trailer is really of little value other than to tow the boat off your property. Electronics, down riggers and any other do dad's might hold some value for you, but not any potenial buyer. 

Basically you are selling the hull. Take the purchase papers, and be willing to accept any offer between 50 and 70% of what the hull cost brand new.

A quick Internet search provides little information on the value of that model so folks wouldn't know a good deal on one if it was offered.

Nice boat, good luck finding a new owner.

AB

Castnblast

This is a nice boat for sure. 

... all welded, centre console boats are not popular rigs in this neck of the woods but they offer many advantages. Stand up running position offers great sight lines, and you can move around the console easily on both sides. That is a welcome feature when fighting big fish. The grab bars provide a solid hold for the operator and the welded hull virtually leak proof and all but indestructible. A lot of reasons to like this boat. galvi trailer with a fiddie horse yammie. Good to go.

glws. I'd say if you can't get 10k you would have good reason to keep it!

pastor norm

Just got back from the left coast. Didn't fish once! Thanks for the comments. They are helpful.  I think I am going to keep the boat.