• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tomtom

What to do when a deer blows at you

eyelander

Have had it done to me a couple of times while out hunting for them, usually while in the bush. It is a warning to other deer in the area of your presence near to them even if they do not know what you are or are able to see you.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

naden

Have had them do this lots while still hunting and also while calling. Usually for me it means I've been busted and the hunt is over. 

hank

It doesn't  always mean your busted.Take a good look around with glasses first, then blow back at the deer. You may make it think your just another  deer. You have nothing to loose at tis point. Good luck.

arvey

I agree with Hank . I have a snort weeze when I first got it and read the instructions I thought this going to work when you just blow in it with  a sequence of blows. While I was sitting in my tent blind nothing was working , so I let everything settle for about a half hr. then I blew in it like the instructions said and look out a buck came threw the bush like a train smashing and crashing to bad he didn't come into the open. If you get winded and they snort your done but just a snort stick to it.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

They are mad. You got winded. They usually leave after that.  Although I have been busted near end of legal light  and had them back on camera shortly after dark so they may return if they are coming in to a feed pile.  Mid day I'd say you may be okay. To relocate and wait again. 

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

tomtom

I must have bad luck but it’s happened to me at least 5 times in 3 different stands so far this year

Thefishleclair

Yup I'd say!  Yes it's a warning call. They sell them green elastic band calls for this situation. If you get busted you pull that call out and start blowing. The only time it has worked for my dad is if it was spooked from sound not from sight or smell. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

grimcity.kid

Snort wheeze and scrape have worked for me after the deer have seen me.  Basically, act like a deer.