• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arvey

fall gun show

arvey

went to the gun show and ended up buying some old tackle. I can't believe the price of used guns 303's selling for 7 - 8 hundred bucks. now to be fair I don't know if they were refurbished but still seems like a lot for a gun you could buy for 100 at one time.

James01
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎11 at 7:02 AM, arvey said:

went to the gun show and ended up buying some old tackle. I can't believe the price of used guns 303's selling for 7 - 8 hundred bucks. now to be fair I don't know if they were refurbished but still seems like a lot for a gun you could buy for 100 at one time.

I went to a gun show earlier this year - at the Slovak, and I too was flabbergasted at the prices of used guns. In my opinion, prices were jacked because of the show - the dealers were seeing what they could get away with asking and trying to take advantage of people that don't know better. Assuming, I assume, people would think "its a gun show, the prices must be good." I was a little peeved because we paid to get in. 

I went with my brother-in-law and sister, as she was looking for a deer rifle, and I advised them to steer away from everything at the show. She could have bought a brand new quality rifle for what the people at the booths were asking. I will never go to a local gun show again. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

BuckNut

It is tough to get a deal at a gun show. A good portion of the guns there though are unique models or collectibles that do go for a higher price to the right buyer. For the most part the sellers know market retail values and seem to price them accordingly and it is common for used guns to be worth more than similar new ones.

There are collectors for everything, including .303's which is driving the price of certain models of those way up. My first job when I was in high school was selling guns at canadian tire when it was on victoria avenue (when they had a large display of them) and we were selling .303 Lee Enfields for about 45 bucks ! 

arvey
2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

It is tough to get a deal at a gun show. A good portion of the guns there though are unique models or collectibles that do go for a higher price to the right buyer. For the most part the sellers know market retail values and seem to price them accordingly and it is common for used guns to be worth more than similar new ones.

There are collectors for everything, including .303's which is driving the price of certain models of those way up. My first job when I was in high school was selling guns at canadian tire when it was on victoria avenue (when they had a large display of them) and we were selling .303 Lee Enfields for about 45 bucks ! 

I do understand the why's and how comes of collecting , I collect fishing tackle and I have a few old guns around . yes supply and demand , availability play a part in pricing , but just because something is old doesn't mean it's expensive. In collecting you have what's known as common , to me a 303 is common and yes there maybe a collector out there that wants one but unless it has something real special about it I can't see it being worth that much , maybe i'm wrong it's just what I think. Like anything it's only worth what somebody will pay.