• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RH.

Polaris indy help

RH.

I have a 2016 polaris indy LXT 550 and went to start it up the other day and had a hell of a time getting it running, swapped the gas out and got it running but when spinning the track on the stand it is shooting tons of thick white smoke out of the exhaust, lacking power to even spin the track and is occasionally stalling out, haven't really tried anything yet but does that sound like an issue with the plugs or something worse? 

Thefishleclair

Did you drain the carb?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

BP76

Drain the carb, and put in fresh plugs.  Did you put top oil in it to summerize it?  Could be burning that off. 

levi64

All I do to my snow machines is add gas treatment let them run for a few minutes to get the treated gas into the carbs and start them once over the summer.  My wife has a polaris and every year I start it in the summer or first start of the winter I have to spray some fast start down the air intake. Check your air filter and housing to make sure no mice have made a nest in there.