• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bubba John

Fishing

Bubba John

Hi. So my fishing has pretty much sucked this year. Although I did ok a few times, the places and spots I was going to didn't really produce consistently.

I like to fish walleye and smallmouth. 

Does anyone else notice this happening to them this year? 

Bobber Down

Don't fish memories. If the places and spots you go to don't produce up to your expectations find other spots. Fish move. All in all though, your fishing results this year as you say were ok a few times. Your feeling bad looks good to others results I'm sure. Next summer will be better for you. Walleye season is not over yet and the smallies are still biting like crazy. Fall is good and there is always ice fishing.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

arvey
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, Bubba John said:

Hi. So my fishing has pretty much sucked this year. Although I did ok a few times, the places and spots I was going to didn't really produce consistently.

I like to fish walleye and smallmouth. 

Does anyone else notice this happening to them this year? 

A lot of anglers get stuck on the same old same old , not to say this happened to you , but same bait same point or shoreline only lasts so long. You have to be versatile change tactic , area and presentation. Like Bobber Down said fish move for whatever reason , lack of food source , another species moves in fighting for the same food source , the wind changed any and all of these can affect a fishes mood. Look at it this way if everybody went out and caught their limit in an hour what would be left after a few years? The best time to learn is when say the wally's aren't biting now you have to put pull out all the stops and try to figure out what they will bite. The lakes I fish can be tough but that's okay it makes me work and I learn something. Here's a head scratcher for you , we had heavy winds the day before couldn't get out on the lake the next morning I went out and there was mayfly larva floating everywhere like a carpet . It wasn't a hatch just larva washed up from the bottom , I thought oboy this could be tough. I got to my first spot , decided to use dew worms to start , I put on one of my home made rigs some with a very slight flash , started trolling about 12 ft of water and  low and behold I got a limit of wally's in an hour . All were over 19 in. and I didn't keep any when I finally got a keeper I filleted him and his belly was full of those small minnows . Like Bobberdown says don't fish memories , keep moving and have confidence in the your ability. This year I went through more worms than leaches , usually it's the other way around. Just my unprofessional opinion  .