• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Timmy4Tarpon

Nice guys finish last

Timmy4Tarpon

I live in Kapuskasing but work and fish through the Thunder Bay district often - I was on a local stream a few days ago, arriving to the river I turned a corner to two anglers fishing one of two sections of holding water(plenty big enough to fish with two people) for a very long stretch. As I approached with a plan to continue by and fish the section quite a ways upstream, one angler quickly reels in and hustles to try and stay ahead of me - after a very awkward, long and childish chase to the pool I finally turned to the guy and said look where are you going I won't fish there, knowing well what he would say. I recognized the guy as he's made appearances on certain fly fishing shows I watch with regard to certain fish. Just thought it was not a great representation of your fishing community. 

Tim 

Some Old Guy

Sorry to hear that.

Did you get a chance to fish? How was it?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

levi64

Just because a person appears on fishing or hunting shows doesn't automatically make them of good character, which you now know.   Sorry to hear about your fishing adventure, but I know from experience its all part of the sport, not everyone is a sportsman, sad but true.  I think for the most part that type of activity is rare among fisherman, especially here in the Thunder Bay district most of the fishermen and fisherwomen I have run into over the years have been nothing but polite, friendly and helpful.  The same as hunting or anything else, everyonce in awhile you run into a moron. Hope you got a chance to do some fishing anyway. Above that I hope the person who acted the fool gets to read about himself and gives it some thought.  

Timmy4Tarpon

Worst part was - he was with what looked like to be his son. Hopefully he treats those brookies better than his fellow angler. Being that his is a local expert you would think he would be a steward of the river - not the opposite. 

Thanks for the words Levi