• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Timber wolf hunting

Benji

I'd like to try and get out timber wolf hunting, locally. I know that they are getting pretty brave in the valley, nearly had a big black male on the deck in August. He swiped the neighbours trash, and he was trying to get at mine. My dad had to chase him around with the atv because he was unafraid of people. 

Another incident that I heard about (at work) was that my boss had seen a timber wolf eyeing up my buddy and his dad when they were greasing some equipment. He was maybe 20' away. I find that "not cool" especially seeing as my buddy has a bunch of younger siblings. This wolf was a big grey one.

another incident was when my dad was driving past the baptist church by 130 and mcluskey, he nearly hit one in the middle of the road.

id like to get out timber wolf hunting, theyre getting way too brave for my liking. 

Would a .410 slug gun be up to the job? Rumour has it they can drop a moose using a slug

Thefishleclair

I would use a rifle. 

• Thanks 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Benji
2 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

I would use a rifle. 

Can do, just didn't want to have to borrow stuff as I already have the 410 from bird hunting...

arvey

Hunting wolf is not easy they are very crafty , and any kind of human smell and your busted. Years ago I heard of hunters putting bait out on the ice and get back in the bush and wait , so a 410 won't do 223 or 243 would work.

• Thanks 1

levi64

Hunting wolf requires some serious dedication,  you need a fast flat round no shotgun and alot of years in hunting experience. In my opinion the hardest thing to hunt and kill is a wolf. Need a great deal of time, know how and experience. People talk about sportsmen hunting moose bear etc, well I think if any hunter really wants to give themselves the ultimate challenge then try hunting down a wolf, even using bait the chance of getting one is very low.  If you have one at your deck you have a serious problem, especially if its eating garbage, something may be wrong with him be careful

• Thanks 1

Benji

The wolf at my deck was a one time thing. My dad figured it was a male, who got the boot from home, apparently the female wolves are teaching pups how to hunt...

Hunter

Had one walk past me siting in my tree stand a week ago .And a friend had a coyote walk by him in a tree stand about three nights ago. All in the same field.

Thefishleclair
2 hours ago, Hunter said:

Had one walk past me siting in my tree stand a week ago .And a friend had a coyote walk by him in a tree stand about three nights ago. All in the same field.

Get a tag and save the deer!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flyndie22

Went for a goose hunt and heard a dozen or so just in the bush line howling away we gotta shoot the wolves and coyote anyone have any experience 

gsambray

I've got a couple big timber wolves around my deer stand. I've seen them once and family seen them chasing a for one evening in a nearby field. Bought a tag and maybe I will get a chance. It's been an odd year so far. I've had a bear at my stand up until recently and know wolves. The deer still seem to be coming by but it definitely leaves an uneasy feeling when your sitting on the ground in a homemade blind knowing there's wolves around. And when I say big wolves I mean big. I've never seen them that big before. They make the deer look small