• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dirttracker18

Deer hunting 2017

Dirttracker18

Let's start this back up and help each other out.

Anyone seeing any sign yet from the bucks?  Scrapes, rubs, etc?

The Great Outdoors

arvey

Haven't been out and about yet , but I am getting ready . Got to try out some new loads and do some sighting in. I have a couple things left to do on this , nothing like comfortable.

DSCF4253.JPG

Thefishleclair

Love the Mod!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Wopfisher

Set my ground blind up with trail cam trying to get out to set my treestand up and check trail cam pictures haven't been able to with this weather tho hoping to get out in the next week or so

Zackcorbin1401

Got a ground blind set up and tree stand on other side of the property I’ve seen lots of smaller does and one really nice buck but he’s allways just a tad far out of bow range

Nnev

Got the blind out and thought about dropping corn. Didn't take long to have bear swatting at my feeder hanging 15 ft up and 6 feet away from the tree. I have some regular does and a one antlered buck. Anybody else see alot of these "stumpy" bucks? I have 2-3 running around every year.

BuckNut

I had a few regulars hanging around, couple does, fawns and a 4 pt for the last couple months but in the last 2 weeks they have almost disappeared.

BuckNut

Nice gun room you have there AA ,    is that your place in vegas..

Dirttracker18

BuckNut

Sounds about as slow as it is over my way.  We you listening tot he wolves most nights this summer?  It was getting pretty crazy at night there for a while.  I'd swear I heard both wolf and coyote some nights at the same time.

The Great Outdoors

arvey
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, BuckNut said:

Nice gun room you have there AA ,    is that your place in vegas..

LOL yes it is had a good time shot an ozzy and 2 other machine guns 40 rds. each 79 bucks.

BuckNut

Ya Dirttracker I've heard them once in a while almost always in your direction. One big lone timber was hanging around for a long time but haven't seen any sign of him for a few months.

arvey

Finally was able to get out to a new area i'll be hunting , set up a stand and a couple of cameras , put down some apples now we'll see what happens.  Lots of trails so hopefully thing work out.

scandiman
On 10/2/2017 at 6:51 AM, arvey said:

Finally was able to get out to a new area i'll be hunting , set up a stand and a couple of cameras , put down some apples now we'll see what happens.  Lots of trails so hopefully thing work out.

bears still likely to find any apples this time of year. At least in my neck of the woods

arvey
1 hour ago, scandiman said:

bears still likely to find any apples this time of year. At least in my neck of the woods

Your probably right but the neighbor gave me a crap load and I had no room in my freezer so I figured put them out set up a camera or 2 and see what happens.

Zackcorbin1401

I’m getting excited now, starting to see nice mature bucks around the property when they were absent all summer. It’s time😊😊😊

Dirttracker18

Anyone starting to see any sign?  

Anyone see any rubs or scraps?

The Great Outdoors

Wopfisher

Had the trail cam out for about a month without any feed down been getting a lot of deer hanging around the blind and a bear who hasn't come back for a couple weeks now, in the last week I have been noticing a couple bigger bucks then earlier in the year pretty nice to see. Just put feed down yesterday 

jonut13

Walked my hunting property yesterday.  No sign that I saw but my camera caught two nice bucks fighting for ten minutes or so.

arvey

The deer are on the move problem is it's in back yard . lol

IMAG0007.JPG

IMAG0008.JPG

• Like 1

RickRaw

Excited to be going out to check my cams tomorrow along with a bit of bird hunting.  Last time I checked a month ago, had some night bucks and lots of does and fawns day and night.  Searching for a bigger buck this year, going to be a bit more picky than usual.

When do you guys put down bait (if at all)?  I usually throw some molasses blocks out at the end of October/beginning of November but I have never counted on shooting deer in or around where I put them.  I just use it to capture some pictures on my cameras and then scout for deer that seem to stick around the area.  Is it worth putting out some salt blocks?

Planning to go sit in my blind for the first time October 28/29 weekend.  Not sure how much the bucks will be moving during the day but I am hoping for some cold and dry weather.

Nnev

For mineral spots I like to throw those out as early as possible and every now and then pepper the area with some corn spread out in a bigger area.

Nov i'll feed heavier. Just want to keep the damn bears from ripping apart my feeders.

hank

Seen two scraps today. One of them I had made and a buck marked on top of it. On the way home I seen a buck with two does. Maybe the start. Bears still hanging around.

MFDC0917.JPG

Nnev

I hoping the bears will go to bed soon. With the warm weather they may stay out longer. Hank is that the right date on your camera?

arvey

Not sure what tells them when to go nighty night but I 've had them on my camera in early November trying to get at my feeder and it was pretty cold at the time.