• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dirttracker18

Deer hunting 2017

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Got some wicked moose pics on cam earlier . Camera got a couple hundred of these 2 exhibitionists

FB_IMG_1507305288208.jpg

FB_IMG_1507305293373.jpg

FB_IMG_1507305299554.jpg

FB_IMG_1507305302175.jpg

FB_IMG_1507305305801.jpg

• Like 3

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

Great pics....nice bull!

Zackcorbin1401

I bought a cheap trail cam the other day and I am surprised with how many pictures it took of deer in the 3 days it’s been on I got over 1500 pictures. No big bucks on camera just a few small bucks and lots of does.

RickRaw

Went and checked my trail cam last Saturday only to find it died 12 hours after replacing the batteries 2 weeks earlier.  Damn!  Seems odd, they are Amazon Basics Alkaline batteries but shouldn't have died that quick.  I bought some Lithium batteries and replaced them and am going back out tomorrow to check again.  If the batteries are eaten again, I am warrantying the camera.  It's a Moultrie A20.  Went and found some grouse so the trip wasn't for naught. 

arvey

Here's a couple of hints maybe you already know but in case you don't. I have 2 cameras I use mostly a Cabelas and a Moultrie I found 1 of them didn't work so good with Durecel aa I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I went to Energizer ultimate lithium and both work great last all season and then some. I know they're pricey that's why when in Duluth I stop at Sams you get 12 for 19.99. Format your sd cards with your trail cam , don't use your reg. camera this could cause a problem. Check and see if your camera takes sd or sd hc or both make sure you use the right one. 

RickRaw
On 10/20/2017 at 12:15 PM, arvey said:

Here's a couple of hints maybe you already know but in case you don't. I have 2 cameras I use mostly a Cabelas and a Moultrie I found 1 of them didn't work so good with Durecel aa I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I went to Energizer ultimate lithium and both work great last all season and then some. I know they're pricey that's why when in Duluth I stop at Sams you get 12 for 19.99. Format your sd cards with your trail cam , don't use your reg. camera this could cause a problem. Check and see if your camera takes sd or sd hc or both make sure you use the right one. 

I put Energize Ultimate Lithiums in mine too but got them at WallyWorld here in town - 12 for $18 something.

arvey

That I didn't know i'll have to check that out. thanks

hunt or be hunted

Checked cameras today and while on the way into 3 different spots seen does right out in open cuts, more bucks showing up on camera and a few starting to smash them racks  together ! Lots of rubs everywhere and a few scrapes showing up as well. 

arvey

Sounds like things are heating up . thanks for the info.

Red_Nuck

We were out earlier this week. We saw 1 young buck and 8 does/fawns. Covered a lot of ground and the only scrapes found were old or moose. No rubs found either.

arvey

Went out today to check my cameras and put down some feed , this guy is hanging around , also have 1 big doe and a couple of fawns. just hope he pops his head out during the day. Just thought i'd put this up this is a feeder I made we''ll see how it works.

PICT0096.JPG

22687708_10213263306592703_8006648194815913578_n.jpg

RLK

A couple of pictures from the trail cam. I have a picture of him yesterday in the snow but it is in my email and i don't know how to put it on.

WGI_0884.JPG

WGI_0882.JPG

hunt or be hunted

Some bucks cruising in daytime, their are more recent pictures daytime but didn't have them loaded on phone 

STC_0702.JPG

STC_1016.JPG

TroutHunter
5 hours ago, hunt or be hunted said:

Some bucks cruising in daytime, their are more recent pictures daytime but didn't have them loaded on phone 

STC_0702.JPG

STC_1016.JPG

I've considered purchasing one of these feeders for some private property I hunt... My main concern, and only reason I don't, are those black bears.  I do not want to spend the money only to have it destroyed... Have you had any issues with them getting into this, or similar tripod feeders??  

Beauty buck by the way! Good luck in your pursuit of him!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Dirttracker18
10 hours ago, TroutHunter said:

I've considered purchasing one of these feeders for some private property I hunt... My main concern, and only reason I don't, are those black bears.  I do not want to spend the money only to have it destroyed... Have you had any issues with them getting into this, or similar tripod feeders??  

Beauty buck by the way! Good luck in your pursuit of him!

My FIL bought one and it was wrecked multiple times by a bear.  I guess it depends where you are but he simply stopped using it, at least until the bears are denned.

The Great Outdoors

hunt or be hunted

Yes I have had issues with the Bears before and they have destroyerd one, what I figured out was to leave the top lid closed but unlocked the latch that way when they tip them over it just spills out and the can eat it freely without damaging it, I also run straight corn first until November then run the deer mix from boles as I find it's much less attractive to the Bears. 

arvey

nice buck , sure is some dandy looking pics. on hear.

Zackcorbin1401

Time wasnt set correctly on my camera

2FC4D7CA-BAB2-4F66-8E37-0226858BD7E3.jpeg

2F65EEDC-D0DD-47DA-A694-0065386F8B18.jpeg

• Like 1

arvey

Looks like somebody is going to bite off more than they can chew.

PICT0052.JPG

RickRaw
15 hours ago, arvey said:

Looks like somebody is going to bite off more than they can chew.

Hey Arvey,

What model Moultrie is that?  My A20 bit the dust and although I am going to try and warranty it, I plan to buy another camera next year regardless.  Thank you,

RickRaw

These are from last year but it's what I am looking for this season.  Looks like the pre-rut/rut may be starting so I will be out the next 2 weekends.

MFDC0249.thumb.JPG.58af9b4bde48efb0f5f96daee40ffb23.JPGMFDC0236.thumb.JPG.3509b7ec5f953aba5d4e78594aefa1ed.JPG

Dirttracker18

Saw my first two bucks on my property this past week.  That's a good sign as I only see them during the rut so things must be moving better now.  One is tough to tell anything about as it was just a passthrough and the other is a big bodied 4 pointer.  Funny looking guy with a decent body and tiny rack.

IMG_0698.JPG

The Great Outdoors