• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dirttracker18

Deer hunting 2017

Some Old Guy

Not all bears are hibernating yet. I saw one walking the road last night when I was driving home. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

arvey
6 hours ago, RickRaw said:

Hey Arvey,

What model Moultrie is that?  My A20 bit the dust and although I am going to try and warranty it, I plan to buy another camera next year regardless.  Thank you,

Rick 

Mine is a Moultrie m100 game spy I've had it a few yrs. now don't know if they even make it anymore. hope things work out.

Wopfisher

Got this nice 12 pointer coming to my stand along with two 8 pointers and a couple smaller deer nice to see the big guys starting to move during the day

HUNT0299.thumb.JPG.8abbe442492ecca3b643a1c899947f88.JPG

HUNT0063.JPG

Porkchop21

Been a slower year for me regarding numbers. But things have slowly been picking up now. Rattled a buck out 2 nights ago but he wouldn't commit and come into view. Here is a pic of my latest gem, tried to upload more pics of other bucks but they wouldn't work.

0716D6D8-5DC0-4077-B120-5D4E113C8AB9.jpeg

Zackcorbin1401

This is cool to see

A21C76C6-B5E1-40EC-938E-DC90C0A37FFB.jpeg

RLK

Got this eight pointer this morning. 

DSCN1779.JPG

DSCN1782.JPG

• Like 1

Dirttracker18

^^^^^ Nice!  Congrats!!!

The Great Outdoors

Dirttracker18

How is deer season going for everyone?

Seems all my bucks are nighthawks and unfortunately most of my does as well.  I have seen some bucks following but not much.

Anyone having better luck?  Seeing the same?  Different?

I'm in the Slate River Valley and just outside KB for my spots.

The Great Outdoors

Red_Nuck

We noticed the daytime buck traffic starting to pick up toward the end of last week when the weather settled. 

Dirttracker18

I finally saw a daytime buck today on my way into town.  He ran a bit but not far and stayed out in the open in daylight.  He was a nice big 8 pointer.

The Great Outdoors

RickRaw

Was out Friday-Sunday, sunrise and sunset with some walking around mid-day.  Tracks everywhere, lots of ground scrapes and rubs, plenty evidence that there were bucks everywhere.  However, never saw one out in the daylight.  Every morning there were fresh trails and scrapes yet nothing was moving in the light.  Very frustrating but did manage to take a nice doe.  Still hoping to fill my buck tag.

SB225

Daytime movement really picked up Sunday in Kam, both my buddy and I tagged out on solid 10 pointers.  Friday-Saturday were very slow though with nothing moving during daylight.

RickRaw
2 hours ago, SB225 said:

Daytime movement really picked up Sunday in Kam, both my buddy and I tagged out on solid 10 pointers.  Friday-Saturday were very slow though with nothing moving during daylight.

That's promising, I will be back out Saturday morning west of Kam.  Can I ask what time of day you had the most luck?  I am typically a morning hunter but that approach may not be the best if I hope to fill my buck tag.

Nnev
19 hours ago, Dirttracker18 said:

How is deer season going for everyone?

Seems all my bucks are nighthawks and unfortunately most of my does as well.  I have seen some bucks following but not much.

Anyone having better luck?  Seeing the same?  Different?

I'm in the Slate River Valley and just outside KB for my spots.

I had nothing but nighttime deer just past 608 but early last week the does started moving hard. Saw 10 in the daylight and one buck hit the freezer saturday and sunday.

SB225
3 hours ago, RickRaw said:

That's promising, I will be back out Saturday morning west of Kam.  Can I ask what time of day you had the most luck?  I am typically a morning hunter but that approach may not be the best if I hope to fill my buck tag.

Middle of the day during the rut has been best, I try to hunt 10-2 at the least. Called him in around 1:30.  Hard to say if next weekend would be similiar pattern though.

hunt or be hunted

I live out in kam and the rut is in full swing right now started on Friday last week but didn't get into full stupid slobber mode till Monday, but their moving hard, get on the does and the bucks are their, main movement time is 9am -430 pm but noticing a general peak time of 12-230pm, been bow hunting hard for them and yesterday I watched 5 bucks come in chasing does but all out of range, had 3 come in this morning between 1045-1130am so their moving good, lots of  little bucks, the big boys still haven't fully started to slip from what I'm seeing and when sayn that I mean the big boys over the 150" inch mark but I have caught them on camera at 430ish pm so they slippn up! 

RickRaw
8 minutes ago, hunt or be hunted said:

I live out in kam and the rut is in full swing right now started on Friday last week but didn't get into full stupid slobber mode till Monday, but their moving hard, get on the does and the bucks are their, main movement time is 9am -430 pm but noticing a general peak time of 12-230pm, been bow hunting hard for them and yesterday I watched 5 bucks come in chasing does but all out of range, had 3 come in this morning between 1045-1130am so their moving good, lots of  little bucks, the big boys still haven't fully started to slip from what I'm seeing and when sayn that I mean the big boys over the 150" inch mark but I have caught them on camera at 430ish pm so they slippn up! 

Cool, sucks the sun doesn't let me get out before or after work during the week.  And I only have a few hours Saturday morning before 11.  Hopefully the big guys are moving next weekend when I can spend all day both days stalking.

Dirttracker18

Sweet to hear movement is happening.  I will be trying to make time for my KB location this weekend

The Great Outdoors

arvey

When it gets close to the end of the rut or if it's just over and you haven't got your buck, here's something you can try. I've tried this and it worked for me, use your can call but sparingly maybe every 1/2 hr. You could trigger a buck into thinking there's one more that hasn't been bread and like a true horny male he could come a lookin , especially if it's a young buck that hasn't had his chance. This could put some meat on the table.

Nnev
8 hours ago, arvey said:

When it gets close to the end of the rut or if it's just over and you haven't got your buck, here's something you can try. I've tried this and it worked for me, use your can call but sparingly maybe every 1/2 hr. You could trigger a buck into thinking there's one more that hasn't been bread and like a true horny male he could come a lookin , especially if it's a young buck that hasn't had his chance. This could put some meat on the table.

I put a 10 pointer that had been playing hide and seek with me into the freezer with a doe in estrus scent stick November 23rd last year. First time I used one I ran out quickly after work to drop feed and was planning on hunting the next day. Usually I try and make sure my gear is scent free etc etc etc but since it was just a half hour of sunlight I figured i'd sit in the blind with my gas covered pants and a sweater that had been sitting in the closet for a year. Couldn't have been longer than a 10 minute sit before he walked out at 75 yards with his nose to the air. 

Barrski

Looking for info

Does anyone use the Moultrie S-50i 20 Megapixel Infrared game Camera 

with the viewing display. Good or Bad. 

Batteries might be an issue 

Thanks for ur feedback 

arvey
15 hours ago, Barrski said:

Looking for info

Does anyone use the Moultrie S-50i 20 Megapixel Infrared game Camera 

with the viewing display. Good or Bad. 

Batteries might be an issue 

Thanks for ur feedback 

Are thinking of buying one or having trouble with one?

Barrski

Buying one, the reason for this particular one is for the viewing at the camera is  we only hunt moose up north for a week and than Stratton for a week of deer. No cell service or Wfi