• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dirttracker18

Deer hunting 2017

arvey
1 hour ago, Barrski said:

Buying one, the reason for this particular one is for the viewing at the camera is  we only hunt moose up north for a week and than Stratton for a week of deer. No cell service or Wfi

I'm not sure how much stock you put in on feedback on Bass pro or Cabelas but that camera is rated low . I never use to look that stuff up bought a Leupold trail cam and it was junk had to send it back with the message don't send me another. Looked up the feedback rated a 1 with lots of neg. reviews . The m30i has a good rating with 12 reviews . hope this helps.

hunt or be hunted

U also have another option just because u don't have cell service or wifi, I use the USB phone adapter plug, just pop ur camera chip in the plug and plug into ur phone and it uploads ur pictures automatically no cell service required, their 17-25$ for any phone at Best Buy super handy little gadget !!!! 

Barrski

Thanks for the feedback guys, I reviewed the reviews and they are not good 

I decided I’m going with the Browning Strike Force HD Pro. Meets my needs and reviews are okay 

RickRaw

Hi guys, I have seen first hand, the effectiveness of corn feeders however I am hunting on land that I can't use one.  I plan to be out Saturday and Sunday this weekend (and potentially the following weekend) and am wondering if it is worth throwing out a couple buckets of corn in the plot I am hunting?  I wouldn't be able to put it out until I arrive Saturday morning.  I don't know if corn has enough (or any) smell to attract anything that isn't already in the area and even though it is cheap enough, not sure if there is any point to putting it out while I am there?   Thoughts?

arvey
9 hours ago, RickRaw said:

Hi guys, I have seen first hand, the effectiveness of corn feeders however I am hunting on land that I can't use one.  I plan to be out Saturday and Sunday this weekend (and potentially the following weekend) and am wondering if it is worth throwing out a couple buckets of corn in the plot I am hunting?  I wouldn't be able to put it out until I arrive Saturday morning.  I don't know if corn has enough (or any) smell to attract anything that isn't already in the area and even though it is cheap enough, not sure if there is any point to putting it out while I am there?   Thoughts?

I would go with the chow you buy at boles it's a mix has molasses in it and works great. 

arvey

Today was the day ,pretty wild the way it happened.

IMG_20171120_123124534.jpg

IMG_20171120_123249810_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Buck 120

Beauty of a buck!!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

BuckNut

Congrats!!  That is one dark set of horns....nice to see you using a single shot, makes that first shot count.

Hurketthunter

That’s a nice buck. I’d like to hear that story

hurketthunter

Barrski

Nice buck

arvey
1 hour ago, Hurketthunter said:

That’s a nice buck. I’d like to hear that story

hurketthunter

No problem it was quite the day. I sat in my tent blind from around 830 till around 1030 I was freezing . Every 1/2 hr i'd do a can call 15 min. later a small burp , I had heard some cracking in the bush a few times but who to say what it was . I had just opened one of those hand warmer things thinking i'm going to put them in my boots. All of a sudden a doe walked out into the open I thought holly crap she's big i'll take her didn't even get my rifle up and the fawn come flying out I thought crap I won't shoot her , then a buck was chasing the fawn , all this in the open . I get the rifle up and they both walk behind some bush I could still see them but couldn't figure who was who and there wasn't a good shot to be had. As i'm looking through my scope this buck walks out from my left the direction of my feed pile , he gets in behind a small bit of bush ,I refocus on him meaning I had to shift a bit. I'm thinking  crap he's looking right at my tent don't know if he heard me or what , the only clear shot I had was straight at the chest and that window wasn't very big , but I had no twigs or branches in my scope so I let it fly. Called my buddy we waited 1/2 an hr. and followed the blood he didn't go far. When I talked to my partner he said he was coming through the bush but realized he was getting close to the feed pile so he changed direction , good chance he spooked it up . 

Hurketthunter

Sounds like quite the day. Congratulations on the successful season. Out of curiosity what rifle and caliber were you using?

hurketthunter

arvey
1 minute ago, Hurketthunter said:

Sounds like quite the day. Congratulations on the successful season. Out of curiosity what rifle and caliber were you using?

hurketthunter

That's a 308 H&R break action single shot.

RickRaw

Cannot wait to get out this weekend, hopefully the weather Friday doesn't keep the bucks from moving around Saturday and Sunday.

Dirttracker18
48 minutes ago, RickRaw said:

Cannot wait to get out this weekend, hopefully the weather Friday doesn't keep the bucks from moving around Saturday and Sunday.

I'm thinking they will sit out Friday and I am hoping that means lots of movement on Saturday :D

The Great Outdoors

Nnev
On 11/3/2017 at 10:31 AM, Roger Mayer said:

Not all bears are hibernating yet. I saw one walking the road last night when I was driving home. 

Roger

I had a bear at my feeder for 2 hours last night! WHY IS HE NOT SLEEPING?!

Nnev

Traffic in front of my camera has slowed. I'm hoping those bucks get hungry after the party this weekend.

Mossberg81

Great weekend for my gf nd me in pass lake ,,,Gf was in the blind for 10 mins nd tagged out on nice Spiker!!!! Sat in the blind right after her watched a nice 8 point walk out;( no shot. Watched it walk away.   Saturday morning back in the blind within 20 mins. Mr 8 point showed up. !!! Bam!!!!!!!! Its down;).  Love that feeling taggged out;)

• Like 3

RatherBeFishin

Found my first fresh deer shed today ! Just a small guy. But neat to find !! 

• Like 2

MetalFishing

Had my rifle misfire twice in the morning yesterday and two got away. Went back to town grabbed my 12 gauge and a few hours later got my second deer of the season. Freezer will be good and stocked for winter and all it cost was a 'couple bucks.'

RickRaw

No luck for me yesterday, didn't even see anything.  Wind didn't help I'm sure.  Back out in the blind today but windy AF once again so I'm not too optimistic. 

Might have to try moving and look for a public area as my land doesn't seem too active and I don't want to go hungry this winter!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Last weekend ,After jumping a buck and and doe  early morning and numerous doe sightings .we stalked this guy through the snow for a mile at noon .found him bedded in down in some thick bush down in a valley. First time taking a bedded deer.  And first recovered bullet. Neck spine and 3 ribs later . Bullet lodged in far leg.

This big bruiser didn't leave his bed.  Just over 200 lb dressed.  Has 8 points if you count the 2-3 inch ones on bases...buy basically a giant 4

Great stalk and hunt with my buddy Lyle.

20171119_120549.jpg

20171119_120056.jpg

20171125_153554.jpg

• Like 4

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Thefishleclair

Insane Rack. Nice work

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB