• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Kam River Northern Pike in the Oxbow

Bobber Down

Took a pass through the Oxbow yesterday looking for a wandering Walleye. In the spring you could motor right around the island but not now. She is just choked with grass weeds and pads on the west side. Caught this fellow in the 15 to 17ft range along the rocks. It almost jumped into the boat. Didn't spend a lot of time in there so only this one was caught. The only other interesting thing of note which I failed to capture was 7 turtles all sunning themselves on a stump sticking out of the water. Hope you enjoy the video.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eyelander

Haven't fished there for at least 15 years, usually in winter. Can be fun getting one that size and on occasion larger through an ice hole.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Dirttracker18

We have caught some big pike in that oxbow.  My wife had what I would describe as the biggest pike I have seen in person at the side of the boat before her line broke.  She reeled in a 37" just after that and it looked small in comparison.  

Sounds like a good fish story I know but I have always hoped to get that one back on the line.

The Great Outdoors

flyndie22

Is there any deeper sections in there went to ice fish it last year and couldn't find water more than 5 feet and with the boat it seemed suoer shallow 

Bobber Down
1 hour ago, flyndie22 said:

Is there any deeper sections in there went to ice fish it last year and couldn't find water more than 5 feet and with the boat it seemed suoer shallow 

There is a stretch about 50 to 70 yds long that is 15 to 17.5 ft deep. It is located where you used to be able to walk down until the Fort put up the fence.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

flyndie22

Ok awesome thanks for that ice fished it twice last year then I kept getting booted off lol is there actually anywhere that's legal to friggen park tgere and I think I'll go mess around with some pike on Sunday then thanks alot :)