• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Clewis

Snaggers

Clewis

Is it possible some people are just so stupid that they are unaware you can't snag fish on purpose or shouldn't at all? 2 of my recent trips to current river mouth involve watching guys rip a treble and two split shots through the big pool pulling out pink after pink that go straight into a shopping bag. holy crap some people get me mad.. Anyone else seeing this often? my phone was dead but tried to get footage with my gopro and it also died..

• Like 1

Ljohnson

It was really bad at Mackenzie when I was there. Constant snagging and guys getting there limits, leaving and coming back later for another..sad to see, especially knowing they're reproducing so we can all catch more. I just carry on and try to think quality over quantity..the proper, tougher way. But being more of a catch and release guy, it's hard not to speak the mind sometimes..

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

Go up and talk to these guys or gals. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Some Old Guy

I concur exactly what Blackfoots says!!!!

Make the call!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

johnr

Too bad your phone/go pro didn't work.....posting that video online is a good way to get it addressed !!! To separate stupid from ignorant ...".ASK" them to pose for a picture of their catch ...... 

• Like 1

Clewis
8 hours ago, levi64 said:

I never let that stuff slide, say something to them, get a pic of them and their plates when they go to their vehicle and give the MNR the information and follow up with them to make sure they are doing something about it. Give them a witness statement with your complaint ask for an incident number and follow up with them.   The MNR can't be everywhere and if we as sportsmen and women are not willing to get involved and be proactive in the protection of the species and adhearance of rules then we can only piss and moan.  Just phoning the mnr and telling them someone at the creek was snagging isn't really  going to do much, they will need more information.    Snagging on purpose really bothers me and my usual fishing partner the trunk monkey really gets pissed. Picture, plates, phone the MNR and provde a witness statement, yes alot of people will say not my job and don't want to get involved.  I understand and thats your choice, sometimes these things can esculate and we are not all geared towards confrontation,  but you can get a pic of a plate or a person without them noticing, if you have a working phone lol.  Or just send your trunk monkey over to talk to them.:smiley-violent108:

Thanks for the tips. I definitely will be more prepared with a camera next time and am often willing to have a chat with them when i'm with a friend or not alone.

Davis Viehbeck

1-877-TIPS-MNR (24hrs a day, 365 days a year)

-Time

-Suspect Info (Description-age, clothes, etc)

-Vehicle Description (WITH LICENCE PLATE)

-Photos are a bonus but don't risk your safety

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Noah santorelli

Was at the Mackenzie today and this one d*** snagged 14 pinks ONLY FEMALE took their eggs and threw them in the river I was going to call MNR but didn't have service. Makes me mad like how would you like it if somebody hooked you with a treble hook in the stomach 

Thefishleclair

No service at Mackenzie?  

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

smokerscully1

I remember when snagging was legal on some rivers in Michigan--for King Salmon!

Are Pinks in the fall any different than Suckers in the Spring? Is it going to impact the population?

Am I the only guy on here that could care less about Pinks?

Thefishleclair

Ethics And laws. Foul hooked fish are to be released. 

• Like 4

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Some Old Guy

I couldn't be bothered with pinks either but as leclair says it's about the ethics and law. 

If if they will do it to pinks they will do it to other species. 

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!