• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RickRaw

Swallow Lake Access - 2nd landing?

RickRaw

Going to check out Swallow Lake this evening with my brother for the first time.  Looks like the landing off the "old airstrip" is on the North side of the lake.  Is there access via the road/trail on the North East side of the lake?  Looks like it would be the first road off to the left on the Hoof Lake Road.  We will be in a stock 2016 RAM2500 pulling a 17' boat - wondering if this is considered a road suitable for a truck or a quad trail?

Thanks everyone.

jaybird

Hey I was there this past Wednesday , if your trailering a boat your better off going in the air strip way there's a bit of water on the road but the bottom is hard gravel.

The launch is better suited to launching a boat then the other access  Never been down the other launch road but did stop on the beach, the water access is steep and sandy.

Jay

RickRaw

Thanks for the reply.  I ended up heading out there Saturday to look for birds and went for a drive down the road.  Nothing to scratch the truck and as you said, some water but nothing too serious.  I would be hesitant to launch anything other than a small boat due to the sandy launch.

Picked up 13 twisted tea/bud light bottles at the entrance on the side of Hoof Lake Road, can't believe people still litter like this.