• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Wolves or what?

Gone8to1248

This summer while I was up there out at Kashabowie I went for a drive one evening up Burchell Lake road. I went about 23 miles up the road and then turned around and start back out to hwy 11. About a mile past the dump road 3 animals ran out in front of me coming from the dump side of the road. One of them went on across the road but 2 of them stopped right in the middle of the road and froze in my headlights. We sat there about 5 minutes before they walked off the road and joined the 3rd one that was still standing there on the edge of the road. I'm not sure what they were because all 3 looked like they could have been a set of triplets with the same colors and marking almost like a German Shepard dog, but very much larger. They almost seemed friendly and I was thinking about getting out of my truck and approaching them , but I backed out because there was three of them. I didn't have my phone or camera with me so I didn't get a picture. For someone from the Chicago area being able to say they were 10 feet away from a pack of wolves is quite the thing seeing how most people in there life wont even see one from any distance. Do these sound like wolves or were they something else? There is nothing out there in that area as far as homes or anything. Anyone care to comment on what they were?

Bernie

RLK

I would think they were wolves Bernie. I haven't seen but have heard them before in almost the exact  same spot. A budy and i were picking mushrooms not far from the dump after a day of fishing on shabandowan . We were just heading into the bush when we heard a pack of wolves howling close to the dump. We decided to pick  mushrooms another time.

Benji

I'd be willing to second that they were timber wolves. 

Theyre pretty brave these days. Had one eyeing up my buddy and his old man working in the yard, had another on my deck looking at the garbage bag that wasn't even out for 5 minutes... 

been told its a big big black one with yellow eyes, and a big grey one roaming around, in slate river.