• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Whitefish Lake Ice Report 2017/18

Some Old Guy

Ice conditions for Whitefish Lake

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Fishog

This reminds me of a trip out there many many years ago a friend and I went out Nov 3rd with 4 inches of ice on snowmachines and no snow to speak of. You could see the bubbles below the ice which freaked me out LOL.

FIshed all day and never caught a fish. Around 6 PM some finlander decided to come out with his 66 Impala car. We never stuck around to find out what ever happened to him. :) 

Bubba John

Anyone see how the ice is at whitefish?

dunnhuntin

Theres five inches of good black ice out here. Bring your ice cleats, pretty bare in spots if you're walking out

Dale Gaudry

Was anybody out this past weekend?

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE

adam_k

Couple buddies of mine  went out from the launch 1000ft 4” of ice and no fish

pastor norm

I was out yesterday west end... 5-6 inches of clear ice. a couple of inches of snow with bare spots.

The pike were swarming. 

FrankJobin
1 hour ago, pastor norm said:

I was out yesterday west end... 5-6 inches of clear ice. a couple of snow with bare spots.

The pike were swarming. 

I can attest to that. We were around the island straight out from the launch, both sides and in front. About 7" of solid ice. Lots of Pike. 

Clewis
On 11/21/2017 at 11:03 AM, FrankJobin said:

I can attest to that. We were around the island straight out from the launch, both sides and in front. About 7" of solid ice. Lots of Pike. 

Any decent sized pike in there lately? Wondering if it's worth looking for some with dead baits and tip-ups.

FrankJobin
12 hours ago, Clewis said:

Any decent sized pike in there lately? Wondering if it's worth looking for some with dead baits and tip-ups.

26"-28" was the biggest we got. All around that size though. 

gsambray

Heading there on Saturday. Bought a new shelter and wanna try it out. My plans are head out a hundred yards or so from the public launch and start there. Will post what thickness of ice I find. 

RickRaw
On 11/29/2017 at 12:53 PM, gsambray said:

Heading there on Saturday. Bought a new shelter and wanna try it out. My plans are head out a hundred yards or so from the public launch and start there. Will post what thickness of ice I find. 

So, how was it?  Ice thickness and the bite?

Zackcorbin1401

Someone told me a truck went through the ice on whitefish, not sure if this is true.

adam_k

It’s true 

Clewis

Sad to hear, hope everyone's alright. 

gsambray

Didn't make it out there a nasty chest cold decided to hit me. Yes a truck went through and he has a go fund me page trying to get money for a new truck. Imo it was a dumb move driving a truck out there yet. They are ok and hopefully learnt a lesson unfortunately the hard way. Use your head and stay safe out there

Mossberg81

Go fund me page got deleted. Why would i donate for stupidity !!! Buddy clearly hit a bad spot in pressure ridge. 300 feet from shore. Lol 

Pound 4 Pound

Anyone been out lately just wondering how the fishing and ice conditions are ?

sinker7

Went out yesterday....12-14" of ice. Snow depth ranges from 1"-15". Lots of drifts. Fishing was okay.

Jayfishin

Just got back from whitefish. Did an afternoon early evening fish. Drove truck on lake at boat launch. Headed east towards shacks. Ice is solid but snow covered with a few good size drifts now with a crust. Getting a bit tricky unless u have 4x4 and decent tires.  20” + of solid ice. Fishing very slow....a few lookers and a few tasters but no fish iced. 

Jay

5C75BCAC-1CA7-4BB9-BADC-B2BD02271793.jpeg

• Like 1

Red_Nuck

Out on the west end today, could drive anywhere though there's supposedly a ridge forming in the middle (north to south). 24 inches of noisy ice and no action.

oyo

How are the conditions for driving after the snowfall? Wondering for a friend who is thinking of pulling his ice shack out.

adam_k

Is there anywhere to access the lake with a truck in the west end of the lake?