• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions 2017/18

Thefishinguy1988

Thank you I'll be there Saturday morning for first light bite 

Some Old Guy

Just talked to Archie. 15 inches of ice and shacks are out. Still, be careful out there. 

Roger

• Thanks 2

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

ty16

Anyone know if there are any shacks out at Pine Pt yet or not? And how much ice there is off the point? 

Thanks

Retriever

I was out to Pine Point on Wednesday. One guy brought out his shack that day. He was the first guy to position his shack.

Ice was good and solid about 12-14 inches thick. There was a few trucks and ice tents on the ice as the weather was cold and windy out of the NE. Only a couple inches of snow on the ice.

Fishing was slow. The Marcum showed fish but they weren't interested in jigs. The still lines were the only ones that worked for us that day. 

jason

Is the fee at shacks landing still $20. 

manthew

How was the Fishing? Heading out tomorrow morning. Thinking of driving onto the lake with a 2500. 

TroutHunter

was out at Pine Point today, $10 per person... Fishing was slow for us.  Ice was solid at 14-16" thick, took an ATV and SxS out, didnt see any trucks out.   

Good luck

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Zackcorbin1401

Went out to sand point yesterday fishing was pretty slow managed to land 6 fish from 8-2 pm, set line was key they wanted nothing to do with  anything I was jigging. Trying again today

adam_k

Fished coffin yesterday 3 of us put in a solid day from 8 to 5:30  fishing was super slow managed 2 limits of little guys and a couple perch. Fish wouldn’t touch the jiggers they hit plain hooks on the still lines.

mikejson

Was out Sat setting up the shack. 4 holes iced 3 walters and a ling.

The holes were freezing fast as it was pretty windy.

Had my flasher on one of the holes and watched a fish watch my jig and sucker for about 2 hours before it finally hit.

It would follow my jig up about 2 ft and then swim back to the bottom... could not force a bite.

This warm front will probably get them feeding again

RickRaw

Can anyone provide me with coordinates or "locations" of the lake access?  Never been, want to go out Saturday, but have no idea where to access the lake!

Thank you

Zackcorbin1401

Fishing was much better today 25 in total between two guys.set lines were key at first light and later in day jigging raps seemed to work better. flasher In hole with setlines and the fish would watch it for like what seemed forever before hitting... if they did.

Zackcorbin1401
31 minutes ago, Pound 4 Pound said:

Did you fish sand point again today Zack

No I did not farther down the lake

Domer

Made another trip to the lake on Sunday with a group of buddies. Lake is in great shape, mostly trucks and quads and side by sides out there. Seemed like moving day as many huts were making their way out. We caught many fish and lost a lot of fish at the hole. Every year I see the same fishing reports. Fishing was slow, not many fish. Don’t fish the crowds, find different spots. Fish uncharted waters. Believe me your success rates will increase dramatically. I am looking forward to testing out some new water soon. 

C981821B-0D8E-4010-95DD-14F6587A79AA.jpeg

• Like 4

jason

I was out last Monday sand point area and caught 3 ling overnight. Morning to mid afternoon was good. Managed 14 wallys and a fat perch. 

IMG_1838.thumb.JPG.551f01c195e7349aa58548788a2ee06d.JPGIMG_1837.thumb.JPG.4a31a73b166ad9fd775e44d07d5635fe.JPG

• Like 1

Foozer

Went out on the 23rd.

Drove on from Sawmill Bay and went about half way to Sand Point and went to a couple islands on the east shore.

Ice was solid and snow was next to nothing.  You could drive anywhere.  The least amount of ice we drilled through was still more than 18".

Had chances to land a few more fish than we did, but no matter how we hooked the minnows we didn't get the hookups we needed.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

adam_k

How’s the fishing been since the cold snap?

might head out this weekend with the fam if it’s not to cold.

cheers

Croat

Fished sand point Thursday and Friday caught 17 picks all between 13 and 15 inches 3 pike . Lots of ice,bite was slow but did catch jigging with small movements.Most were caught on tip ups.

• Like 1

Wopfisher

How are the ice conditions at pinepoint? Has anyone been taking trucks out across the lake 

Domer

The weather finally made it possible for the team to make an appearance today on Lac. The fresh snow only meant milder temps. We drove out today with the truck and headed down the lake. After crossing the ice ridge at sand point, we were all surprised at the road block down the lake. I took a pic but it doesn’t do it justice. The lake at what people call the old derby site is home to I would say 50-75 shacks. What I find interesting is that people stop there because they see all the shacks and probably figure this is where the fish are. Oh well, they’ll never experience great fishing while fishing in crowds. We decided to head down to Hash brown island and put a shift in. First fish was iced within 5 minutes and the rest of the day just flew by while putting on a show with all the beautiful big fish caught and released. Biggest I believe was 27 and a couple 25’s and 2-24’s and 4 that were 20-23. We also released quite a few under 13. Nothing beats the laughs, the food and catching fish. Our team will be moving to next spot on our next trip and the talk at lunch was trying a new spot. Sounds good to me. Here are some picks of today’s adventure. No fish were harmed today as all fish were kept in the water before the pictures. Sausages and potatoes were on the menu today, plus salami, capicolo cheese bread. Our barista served a nice espresso coffee after lunch ( Thanks Roccu). The only thing missing is a cameraman to capture the laughs and good times we have when we get out. 

D7E38BB1-A4E6-4D9F-9EDF-A55F436AE6B2.jpeg

D93E4AA8-CC64-49DD-AD0A-6485046DB867.jpeg

5FC4BB55-5F02-44EA-B39F-A813415B8E49.jpeg

E4CE9D99-0B3D-4426-B434-2991064D7F83.jpeg

C49F06E8-B8D5-4565-B6DA-A1D1126DC369.jpeg

8E33B7AF-D6A1-49B1-B233-37AC6D0B02A1.jpeg

FBB56905-5F8C-470B-AE74-B7965078024C.jpeg

5A6DD828-1364-4FFC-8656-680E28496B40.jpeg

48D1EDA9-016E-472E-A2D3-9B11753A87E7.jpeg

E8002435-5E09-4B7B-BDD0-AEF1263B76AD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mossberg81

Domer People like to party there and not fish much nd people are scared to venture off the ice road. I have no problem catching wer my hut isss 

• Like 1