• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions 2017/18

RatherBeFishin

Fished A buddys shack at the derby site sunday. 2 of us. Caught our 8 keepers in 2 hours and fished for fun after. Kept 2 overs and 6 beuty unders. Caught and released till our arms were sore .....

Domer

Good to hear. The next 2 months will be interesting when the bite slows down. Hopefully ur luck will continue in that time

Fishbum

Dom  your fishing slows down mid winter for two months 😲😲  oh boy  maybe it's time for lessons from stud-muffin   He awaits catchs fish ALWAYS!     I have no problem all winter ...  lessons are free haha  😎

geese2

Am looking to buy a shack at Sawmill . Anyone who knows of one for sale can email me at geese15051505@yahoo.ca. 

Croat
7 hours ago, geese2 said:

Am looking to buy a shack at Sawmill . Anyone who knows of one for sale can email me at geese15051505@yahoo.ca. 

Contact shacks landing they have a few there for sale

Edited by Croat
spelling

Domer

Fish bum, my fishing never slows down. In the words of Al Lindner, “ mobility is the key to ice fishing”. No lessons needed. I’ve put my time in. Maybe stud muffin will take u up on some lessons. Gotta go, both my lines are down. :D 

Fishbum

Ahh  so you learn how to fish on tv ...  lmao  that good !  YouTube can teach a lot   Hope you caught the fish!!  🤘😂

offroader
17 hours ago, Domer said:

Fish bum, my fishing never slows down. In the words of Al Lindner, “ mobility is the key to ice fishing”. No lessons needed. I’ve put my time in. Maybe stud muffin will take u up on some lessons. Gotta go, both my lines are down. :D 

Beware....Might try to tag your snow machine with a gps tracker 😂

Domer

U don’t need to tag my sled. Just ask and i’ll Tell you. When the CO’s come to see me they always compliment the catch and i’ve Noticed, a few tend to fish those spots as well. Lol. Don’t bother me what so ever. Like I said, I don’t ever get cheated, I get mine. I took 2 guys out last year for a day and we landed over 70 that day. They both couldn’t believe. I Don’t  need a tv show to catch fish. Ask your buddy josh Schill. :P

• Thanks 1

Domer

Josh, u Remember this day? I do. So does ur buddy i’m Sure.

54F1F784-BAD5-42BA-B7FC-D257554CC7E7.jpeg

adam_k

How is the lake for driving my truck out?

can I get off the plowed road at all?

cheers

adam_k

nunez

Talk about ego. Wow. It's lac. It's walleye fishing.  If u can't catch fish your in trouble dude. 

• Like 1

Mossberg81
6 hours ago, nunez said:

Talk about ego. Wow. It's lac. It's walleye fishing.  If u can't catch fish your in trouble dude. 

No kidding eh. Might as well whip out dinks s have a pissing match. Get off you high horse people lol

• Like 1

Fred
8 hours ago, nunez said:

The level of egotism in this statement is more than this whole thread put together. People forget we all aren't good at something when we first start and think that after years of doing something that they were born with that talent. It's lac. So that means I can go anywhere like in two feet of water and 20 inches of ice and catch walleye? It's walleye. That means they are so easy to catch that I should be able to catch them in two feet of water this time of year? And if I can't catch fish then I'm in trouble. 

• Thanks 1

Wopfisher
19 hours ago, adam_k said:

How is the lake for driving my truck out?

can I get off the plowed road at all?

cheers

adam_k

Last Saturday we drove the trucks across at pinepoint snow was about halfway up our tires not sure abou sawmill bay tho 

Buck 120

Last weekend I drove off of the plowed road to my hut no problem.  Snow was just under the running boards.  Lots of deeper drifts to watch for.  I would drive too far away from the plowed road.  Great for sleds now.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Domer

Sorry for sharing information. I guess damned if u do damned if u don’t. There is always a few that just can’t roll with punches. Sorry if u think it’s my ego talking. Any of u who think this, good for u. I try to help out people who need the help. I have no problem steering people in the right direction. I have pm’d people with places to try who have not been able to have much success or just want to try something different, even other lakes for other species.  Moss berg and Nunez, good job on locating that fishing spot right out in the middle of the lake. I am glad you guys helped Archie with those  flower pedals back when the derby was put on by Archie. You’ve always fish there before the crowds and before the word of mouth. Before you throw your ego around maybe understand that some people are fresh to ice fishing and that without peoples information it’s overwhelming to navigate a large lake that has so much water you can cover. Once upon a time your ears and eyes were privy to some valid and useful information.  Ur right it can be easy to catch walleyes, but not everybody was born with a little rod and hook and minnow in hand like you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fishbum

Hey hey !!!  Are you saying I'm fresh ! And I can't fish ?  And I'm learning ???  I was just trying to say Nicely i could out fish you in any spot 🤘🤘🎣🤘 lmao    Although for little rods and tiny minnows, maybe that why you teamed up with josh Schill 😮     Ahahahahha    Watch those lines there prolly gone down again !!🙌

Mossberg81
4 hours ago, Domer said:

Sorry for sharing information. I guess damned if u do damned if u don’t. There is always a few that just can’t roll with punches. Sorry if u think it’s my ego talking. Any of u who think this, good for u. I try to help out people who need the help. I have no problem steering people in the right direction. I have pm’d people with places to try who have not been able to have much success or just want to try something different, even other lakes for other species.  Moss berg and Nunez, good job on locating that fishing spot right out in the middle of the lake. I am glad you guys helped Archie with those  flower pedals back when the derby was put on by Archie. You’ve always fish there before the crowds and before the word of mouth. Before you throw your ego around maybe understand that some people are fresh to ice fishing and that without peoples information it’s overwhelming to navigate a large lake that has so much water you can cover. Once upon a time your ears and eyes were privy to some valid and useful information.  Ur right it can be easy to catch walleyes, but not everybody was born with a little rod and hook and minnow in hand like you. 

To Bad my shack is not at derby site. Thanks for thinking that buddy 

kbrest

Heading out tomorrow, hoping to drive out to Sand Point area or just past with my truck Silverado 2500. Im expecting a lot of slush but wondering how far I can safely drive off the road when I get to that area. Ive never been to Lac as majority of my walleye fishing has been LOTW.  Any info helps, tight lines.

Wopfisher

You can drive just past sandpiont to coffin island and fish anywhere along that road as far as going off the plowed road I’m not sure you should be able to but I don’t know how far just watch for snowdrifts 

levi64

We were driving off the road near coffin yesterday no problems, but there are some drifts so you have to keep an eye out.  I don';t know how much rain they got today, if any.