• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions 2017/18

nunez

Go past coffin and fish any island. If u don't get fish in first 10 minutes move on. Maybe try hashbrown. Just don't look for 2 feet of water with 20 inches of ice. See ya out there boys. 

RatherBeFishin
12 minutes ago, nunez said:

Go past coffin and fish any island. If u don't get fish in first 10 minutes move on. Maybe try hashbrown. Just don't look for 2 feet of water with 20 inches of ice. See ya out there boys. 

🤣🎣

kbrest

Beauty day out here today! Anybody wants to say hi im past sand point near the “village”, black chevy and little red pop up closer to the islands. Good luck fellas!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
On 15/01/2018 at 9:53 PM, Domer said:

Fish bum, my fishing never slows down. In the words of Al Lindner, “ mobility is the key to ice fishing”. No lessons needed. I’ve put my time in. Maybe stud muffin will take u up on some lessons. Gotta go, both my lines are down. :D 

I'm headed out sunday. Taking the kids , gonna sit in the middle of the crowds. And make the magic happen . Fishbum had a tough day Saturday he needs some help

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Croat

Fishin was really good this weekend again,only one that was big 4.10lbs 24" threw it back.And wanna give the guys whoever it is plowing the ice road a big THANK YOU.

Red_Nuck

Going to finally take the shack out this week, given the previous comment about the plowed road I expect I will need to do some shoveling or bring a snow blower out to get the shack out of the way? Also, I assume a shack registration is still required, is that done at service Ontario on James st?

walleye warrior

Has anyone fished Sandpoint lately? How has the fishing been? I’m looking at heading out early tomorrow. Thanks

The_Outdoorsman

Can anyone comment on the current snow conditions on the lake? 

FrankJobin

I was out Tuesday. The road is beautifully maintained. Snow drifts can get pretty deep if you venture much off the beaten path, great for sleds out there. Even once you get past the snowbanks from the plowed road, the drifts all over might be a bit deep for trucks in spots. 

offroader
1 hour ago, The_Outdoorsman said:

Can anyone comment on the current snow conditions on the lake? 

Agree with FrankJ. Sleds only for off the plowed roads. A good 36" of solid ice otherwise.

Noah santorelli

How’s the fishing been for numbers, thinking I heading out tomorrow

Domer

Made it out yesterday for a day of fishing. Me and my brother decided to fish the crowds with fish bum. Lol, no chance. Although all those shacks would’ve made one hell of a wind break. That wind yesterday made for miserable fishing. We toughed it out though and tried a new spot. Depth was 16-25 feet. We caught a lot of quality fish from 15.5 to 19. No biggies yesterday but the fish were a plentiful. Taking your gloves off, cleaning holes every two minutes, and emptying the snow from ur graph makes for a miserable day. The lake also gained an I-phone 8. My bro still not to happy about his one month purchase going down the hole. 

AE7CC083-CBFA-4763-B227-4879072F10F9.jpeg

• Like 2

Buck 120

Nice fish.  ouch to the phone

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

The_Outdoorsman

Drove a truck out from pine point on Sunday. snow is variable - bare ice to hard pack to deep drifts. fishing was good... sonars definitely made a difference in catch numbers within our group. 

Wopfisher

That’s funny a guy in our group lost a iPhone down the hole this weekend to it’s very painful to watch lol

Some Old Guy

Now that's freekin cool!!!

Roger

• Thanks 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Red_Nuck

How's everyone been doing these last couple weeks? We just brought our shack out (first time on lac) and have been getting a few here and there, wondering if the lake is slow or it's just where we are...? Not complaining though, better than we ever did at whitefish!

adam_k

How’s the road out to coffin? Any slush? 

Can I drive off the road at all with my truck or is it a sled show out there now

cheers

adam_k

hollywood

Has anyone rented a cabin recently at Savanne River Resort? I am wondering what condition they are in.

Buck 120

Adam I was out last weekend.  The road if perfect.   We drove off road to our shack no problem.  (Just past birch).  Past coffin there is a lot of drifting so off the road would be sled only.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

adam_k
20 minutes ago, Buck 120 said:

Adam I was out last weekend.  The road if perfect.   We drove off road to our shack no problem.  (Just past birch).  Past coffin there is a lot of drifting so off the road would be sled only.

Cheers Buck thanks for the info

offroader

No slush at all. 3 feet + of ice. Off-trail still by snowmachine only. Snow's too deep yet for 4x