• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions 2017/18

Captain Hook

Thanks Red_Nuck and Mrs Red_Nuck for the hospitality at your mansion on Lac on Sunday. A fine time was had by all!!

• Thanks 1

Red_Nuck

Anytime Captain, anytime....thanks for coming out!

How's fishing on lac been for everyone this last while? Seems to be getting slower every weekend for us (was best early/mid February), though I did get to put back a nice 25 incher on Saturday.

ribneck

Was at pine point on Monday fishing was good tons of ice and quite a bit of snow 

hunt or be hunted

How thick was Is ice out their pinpoint or coffin area ? Do I need an extension before I head out their And screw myself over with out one ? Thanks 

FrankJobin
11 minutes ago, hunt or be hunted said:

How thick was Is ice out their pinpoint or coffin area ? Do I need an extension before I head out their And screw myself over with out one ? Thanks 

I'd say don't go out without one. There was probably 40"+ all around Coffin last time I was out just over a week ago.

Kaptain Kirk

it was measured a week ago and there was 39 Inches of ice at Pine Point.

hunt or be hunted

Okay awesome thanks everyone 👍

speckmaster

How much snow is in the ice?  Almost time for quads?

Mr B

Was there Tuesday/Wednesday.  The road is good but you will need sleds or track vehicles off.  Anywhere from 6" to 20" of snow.   Saw vehicles try it but spent the day shoveling.  Not yet.

hunt or be hunted

I was out Thursday and the lake was beautiful and tight as could be, I drove off the road in 4x4 everywhere no problem but I'm in lifted truck on 33's, fished the derby site, fishing was good lots little guys thrown back but managed nice limits, fished 9am -6pm, good morning bite then shutt down at noon till 4 then picked up again ! Cheers 

Wildcat

Heading out Thursday, I was wondering what to bring quad or sled, I intend to go exploring and try a few different spots, thanks

wampa

Sleds will need scratchers but quads should have no problem.  The crust is pretty hard.  Some slush coming up in some areas. Saw a bunch of trucks driving around but also saw a couple of those truck get stuck too. Will still need an extension on your auger too.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Wildcat

ok thanks for info, 

efloen

I spent the day at Coffin yesterday and the fishing was great later in the day. No slush and still almost 40" of ice.

Wildcat

Ended up down in bolton bay today, did well, nice eaters 14 to 15" , and caught quite a few under 13, no slush and I ran my sled with scratchers and had no problem, 

Skidooman

How’s the road to sand point?Is the fish picking up?Can you drive off the road?Last chance for fishing this season.Thanks for any info.

Superiormobile

Heading out on Thursday. Is there any slush in Sawmill Bay? I was thinking of going out with a side by side or should I stick with a sled.

I was out on Sunday and Monday through Open Bay. Everything that way was solid on top for trucks ,sleds or ATV's.

Thanks for any info.

James01

I was out on the weekend at Pine Point, and lots of ice and hard snow on top. It was easy walking, and I assume great for sleds.

But, be warned... a guy in a truck near us had problems, he got stuck. He broke through the snow and was spinning on the ice. Granted, he seemingly didn't know how to drive to get out... rocking seemed a foreign concept to him. All he did is spin his tires... to the extent we were smelling rubber. Eventually my brother-in-law and I walked over and pushed him and his elderly father? (I am assuming father) out. He wouldn't have got going if we didn't.

The old guy wasn't capable of doing much, he was quite thankful. I was glad we helped him. But, even after the help, the guy driving the truck wasn't all that friendly. Barely a thank you. I wasn't looking for a good Samaritan award or anything, but he was quite curt. And that was after we pulled up our lines and walked a fair distance to push him out. In hindsight, I am glad we helped the old guy. 

We also picked up cigarette wrappers, minnow bags, and other garbage from the area they were fishing after they left. Can't say for sure it was them... but the minnow bags weren't frozen to the ice, and wind hadn't yet blown away the cigarette wrapper and garbage. I am still happy we helped the old guy.

On to another topic... we forgot a bag by our truck at Pine Point Resort, and someone picked it up and turned it into the office. Thank you. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Wopfisher

We had a similar experience this year at pinepoint except we were the ones stuck made I️t to the spot ok but blowing snow had covered up our ruts during the day there was a group of 3 fishing next to us with two snowmachines and after realizing me and my father needed some more muscle to push us out I️ went over to ask for some help they pretty much just came over told us we were stuck didn’t bother to help push and said “we will tell the people at the resort to come get you” we waited for a good hour while shovelling to get ourselves out and nobody came I️ was told from the people at the resort they can’t go out on the ice for insurance reasons which is fine but I️ was amazed that those 3 guys couldn’t come back to at least give us a lift back to the resort or do anything to help nobody is required to do anything but I️ was always raised to help someone if there stuck or broke down in the bush ended up walking 2km back and had to call a buddy from town to come and get us the people at the resort we’re great tho offering us a cabin for a couple hours as we waited for our ride and gave us some snacks and water great people

tbayfinn

Is the Savanne River from the highway bridge still OK for sleds?

Porkchop21

how has everyone made out fishing the last couple days? was out at pine point today and it was very slow for us. trying to decide where i should take my wife tomorrow, back to pine point or sawmill? any fishing reports from sawmill at coffin, birch, sand point or derby site? thanks!

tbayfinn

Slow, cold, windy day at Sawmill Bay today. Felt like a nice day for January. OPP and CO stopped by on 4 sleds with a sniffer dog.... 4 feet of ice with snow is going nowhere anytime soon.