• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Black Bay Ice Conditions, 2017/18

scandiman
47 minutes ago, BigFishBoy said:

Still need an extension?

Yes

AmateurHourAngling

Headin out tomorrow morning, will update after!

• Like 1

-JADEN

crazyctr
On 4/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, BigFishBoy said:

Still need an extension?

yes you do need an extension its still making ice every night

hbaits.jpg

Dirk Diggler

just looking for an update to see if a quad or side by side is okay for travel in the bay right now. Or are snow machines the only way to go?

Thanks

AmateurHourAngling

went through super shores trail on Friday with a quad. We had two people on it and pulled a hefty sleigh with no issue. Didn't break through the crust once...although where we drilled we noticed about 12" between the crust and the actual ice...so keep a good shovel!! Fishing was amazing, had our limits by noon with 12 jumbos included! (The rest under 12") good luck! Cheers!

-JADEN

Dirk Diggler

Great thanks.  We are heading out in that direction as well.

Some Old Guy

Once the temp gets above 0 and that foot of compact snow softens it might be a hard go with wheeled vehicles. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

scandiman
8 hours ago, BigFishBoy said:

went through super shores trail on Friday with a quad. We had two people on it and pulled a hefty sleigh with no issue. Didn't break through the crust once...although where we drilled we noticed about 12" between the crust and the actual ice...so keep a good shovel!! Fishing was amazing, had our limits by noon with 12 jumbos included! (The rest under 12") good luck! Cheers!

Is Superior Shores trail private property? I heard people were leaving a lot of trash there

ottoman82

Black Bay Ice conditions from 38,000'.  I sure wish I was fishing rather that working!

20180409_102602.jpg

• Like 1

crazyctr

ice is still good out there i will still take groups of 8 or more people out for the day if interested give me a call

hbaits.jpg

i was out yesterday conditions are excellent ride out was great no slush still need an extension. Fished near Granite got 18  in just a few hours threw back some small one but lots of jumbos.  

Porkchop21

any fishing or ice condition updates for black bay. hoping to get out there this weekend with the warmer temps coming. any pressure ridges out there this year? not sure if i should be bringing sled or quad. thanks!

Porkchop21

Nobody is fishing black bay anymore? Whats going on?

Kaptain Kirk

I was thinking the same🐟🐟🐟. But haven’t heard. If sled or quad. It sure would be nice if somebody could advise. Thank you kk

RH.

Call Gary at Hamilton baits he may have some info. 

AmateurHourAngling

Bring yer hip waders and if you go through Sup Shores then there's 2 Ice ridges until you get into some really good fishing

-JADEN

Porkchop21

hip waders because of slush or open spots? can you get a quad across the 2 ridges or is a snowmobile better option? just over a week ago there apparently was over 3ft of ice.

levi64

Hip Waders???

crazyctr
On 4/19/2018 at 5:28 PM, Porkchop21 said:

Nobody is fishing black bay anymore? Whats going on?

lots of people fishing yet 

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr
On 4/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, Kaptain Kirk said:

I was thinking the same🐟🐟🐟. But haven’t heard. If sled or quad. It sure would be nice if somebody could advise. Thank you kk

sleds are best yet but by the end of the week quads will go anywhere out there just be careful around the ridges

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr
16 hours ago, Porkchop21 said:

hip waders because of slush or open spots? can you get a quad across the 2 ridges or is a snowmobile better option? just over a week ago there apparently was over 3ft of ice.

there is no slush or open spots yet to worry about  still over 4 feet of ice out there ive got an 18 inch extension on my auger and just getting through

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

if anyone has any questions about black bay conditions just call me ill be happy to answer them im not always able to get to the forum as much this time of year

hbaits.jpg

Jayfishin

We went out from Hurkett Dock to Granite Island a few days ago. As Gary mentioned ice and snow conditions were still very good and the fish were still active.  Found best action in about 20ft of water.

Jay

Kaptain Kirk

Was out today sled is best. Got little bit soupee on way back in. No problem with sled. Might be a little tough on quad. And little wet.tons of ice and the bite was steady.