• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RH.

Where to buy a good pair of snowpants/bib

RH.

Having some problems finding a good pair of snowpants in town can someone point me in the right direction to who sells them, it seems they all sell “ski/snowboarding” pants but nothing really good for ice fishing and snowmobiling. SPI safety used to have some but when I looked there i couldn’t see anything

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

What him say

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

DLC

GUFO (Gear up for Outdoors) has these made by Helly Hansen on sale for 150, according to their web page.

18315-F8530_ORG.jpg

Daryl

Edited by DLC

Wolf

J&J sells fxr snowmobile suits. Intercity power sports (Arctic Cat) sells motorfist suits.

levi64

I'd check out gear up first, I got a good pair of pants there for a decent price a few years ago, unless you want to pay extra at a dealer for something with letters on it.  In my opinion a good pair of bibpants will do just fine, my legs just don't get that cold, however for a jacket I would go for the best out there.  Of course I still wouldn't buy it from Excalibre.

Pound 4 Pound

Can't go wrong with a good pair of Carharts from Marks very comfortable and warm

Superiormobile

Picked up a set from Striker. Very warm and it is a floater suit also. I have the jacket and bib pants. They are a little more expensive but in my mind well worth it. I found them on sale on line. Amazon.ca has them at a resonable price.

• Like 1

ottoman82
On 11/28/2017 at 9:55 PM, Superiormobile said:

Picked up a set from Striker. Very warm and it is a floater suit also. I have the jacket and bib pants. They are a little more expensive but in my mind well worth it. I found them on sale on line. Amazon.ca has them at a resonable price.

I purchased Striker as well.  They fit and feel awesome and seem like they will be very warm.  I can't wait to get a chance to get on the ice and try them out.  They are also on par for anything you will get from FXR etc.  Money well spent I  say.

• Like 1

Dirttracker18

Old post but FWIW I have a pair of Dakota bibs from Marks that I am very happy with.  I've tried a bunch of different kinds in the past and have always been disappointed with rips from twigs and/or broken zippers.  My are getting on in age now and still very happy with them.

The Great Outdoors

RickRaw
4 hours ago, Dirttracker18 said:

Old post but FWIW I have a pair of Dakota bibs from Marks that I am very happy with.  I've tried a bunch of different kinds in the past and have always been disappointed with rips from twigs and/or broken zippers.  My are getting on in age now and still very happy with them.

Are they  nylon type material or more of a canvas type material (like Carhartts)?  If the latter, you don't find they get wet quick when kneeling around the hole?

Dirttracker18

They are a thick nylon type material with double knee and waterproof.  I think these are the new version, might don't have the reflective bottoms.

https://www.marks.com/en/dakota-hi-vis-waterproof-rip-stop-bib-overall-37900.html#37900=BLACK

Review on here is bad but mine have worked out very well.

The Great Outdoors

jaybird

Try the army surplus store on Simpson St.

good quality at reasonable prices, Jackets, mitts, boots and socks all there too.