• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Ice Thickness

Bobber Down

Breakthrough and minimum. Be safe.

ice.png

icea.jpg

• Thanks 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Foozer

Thanks for the reference.  I still like to see this every year.

However, its a sad reminder to see I'm included in the last few lines of that Breakthrough chart.......

• Like 1

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Pound 4 Pound

Ice consitancy varies among all lakes, we were fishing a lake that had 22 inches of ice where we were fishing all day. When we were leaving the lake and heading to the landing we lost four trucks and i almost lost my father, the god of who taught me fishing. Very important to check ice thicknees every 100 yds or even more when in doubt. If in doubht stay off. We all made it back to shore and are still fishing. Very lucky and trucks can be replaced but a life can`t be. Be careful and fish on.

• Like 2

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

And drive slow on ice . Like 15 kmh. Till ice is 2-3 ft  thick .  

You can crawl over ice that a faster moving lighter vehicle would break through or crack ice.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President