• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

Driving on lakes

gsambray

I drive on the ice all the time and have never had any issues. My question is if the worst happens and you sink your truck what happens?  As in are there fines involved? Costs of getting your vehicle out and of course as I've heard insurance claims being a no go. I hope that this never happens but unfortunately it does. Anyone have any feed back they wish to share?

Blackfootbaits

I know 2 people that have put their trucks through the ice and both were covered by their insurance.  I have full coverage on mine and am insured if it were to happen to me.  To be sure, just check with your insurance provider. 

eyelander

I haven't driven on ice for 6 yrs. but when I did I had "All Perils" on my insurance coverage. I told my insurance provider I would be driving my truck on ice and that was the description they used on the policy.

It covered if I went through. It cost me more for insurance of course but it provided parts replacement and repair of my former trucks.

It did not cover the cost of getting my vehicle OUT of a lake if I broke through, but fortunately that never happened to me.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

levi64

If you want piece of mind, I wouldn't rely on anyone elses experiences or second hand advice, call your insurance agent,, its that simple.

gsambray

I've already contacted my insurance company. Cheaper to walk and that's what I usually do. I was just wondering when the bad happens what happens next.