• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RatherBeFishin

Sako Rifles

RatherBeFishin

Picking up a new rifle in the spring. Looking at the sako 85 hunter in a 30-06 left hand. Anyone use any of the sako line besides the a7 and finnlights and have any reviews on them ? Have had a tikka whitetail hunter in 300 win mag for over 15 years and absolutely no complaints. Still shoots and performs like day one. Just time for an upgrade. Thanks for any info. 

Hurketthunter

I had a Sako 75 hunter in .270 for a number of years that was awesome. Shot tight groups, great trigger, smooth action and looked good. I’ve had no experience with the 85’s but have heard of some people having extraction issues. Dropping live or spent cartridges back on top of the magazine instead of clearing the action. I’d say if your going to buy one spend a few buck on dummy rounds and try the action thoroughly before putting your money down. Hope this helps. 

Hurketthunter

RatherBeFishin

Ok. Good info. Thanks !! 

Will definitly keep that in mind ! 

DLC

I have had a Sako Model 85 Black Bear in .308 for about a year now and have had no issues, though I have only put about a box of ammo through it. It is  short (40") and light (little less than 8lbs with the light weight Leupold 2.5 fixed power scope). Good for carrying. Can't speak too much on extraction/feed issues because I have not fired it much, but nothing so far. The action is very smooth as mentioned above, and the trigger is much better than my Browning (it is also adjustable). If I was a better shot I could speak with more authority on accuracy, but... I also like the good quality all-metal mag and the ease of disassembly. Two bolts removes the stock for thorough cleaning. The rifle comes in larger calibres as well, but I like the short action. The black stock is functional and comfortable but not all that good looking. I am very happy with it.  I will try and attach a pic.

Daryl

DSC00125.thumb.JPG.83251a918eee50f4ba6e1aef8862e5bd.JPG

RatherBeFishin

Awesome ! Good review and sweet looking gun ! I am kinda old school and love my blued barrel with a wood stock. Just bought a leupold vx-6 2-12 by 42mm this spring so now looking to find a nice gun to put it on !!

Bottom Bouncer

RatherBeFishin....did you ever end up getting that rifle. I also shoot left hand. 

REELBAIT

RatherBeFishin

Not yet ! 

Ended up putting the money elsewhere. But next spring i am going to ! 

Got the new scope though for now. 

They have a beuty sako hunter 30-06 wood in left hand at gmk. Or did anyway ! 

RatherBeFishin

Another season for the 300 tikka whitetail hunter.