• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Back in my day

Fishing spots

Adrian

I'm thinking that basing an attitude on a single day of fishing is not the best practice....too many variables.....water depth, bait, weather, time of day, location, etc........not very scientific.....

so my reply...NO

• Like 1

arvey

I wouldn't say it ruins fishing spots but I do think it makes anglers lazy , instead of jumping in your vehicle and checking things out they just go to the net , even when it comes to smelts you see questions on here all the time. Drive down to the river and see for yourself same with steelhead. Before the net we got in the truck packed our gear and went to whitefish lac or where ever . Although the net is a great learning tool on tackle & tactics again get out and figure it out on your own.

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Loving ...lol someone got auto corrected..keep it clean

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

350chevy

I have had some spots mentioned and it depends. Some spots are easy to fish and some aren't. 

• Like 1

pastor norm

No.  Anyone who would blame a website for a poor day of fishing 

at Lac is a little out of touch with reality.  All fishy waters with easy access 

from Thunder Bay  are going to be hit hard.  Why would anyone at all be surprised

or disappointed with this fact?  In fact, I think tips from this website have encouraged

anglers to try new spots besides the tried and true ones.  No one should have the right 

to secrecy over certain shared resources.  If your "secret" spot isn't so secret anymore,

stop lamenting and try new waters.  We have so many  fishing opportunities here its

ridiculous.  Chances are your "secret spot" will restock itself in a few years. 

This website can also be used to shame people who are involved in unethical or 

illegal fishing practices.. ie.  snagging, poaching, poor release practices, trashing 

or hogging shorelines, etc.  Send in your pictures... it's easy to do. 

• Like 2

naden

Almost all the info available on here about where to fish for what is available on any good map and has been for years. And for what its worth, I just got back from lac and fishing was good!

oyo

Back in my day, you used to just bash the fish with a rock, then these new tangled pointed sticks were invented and everything went to crap. 

Croat

Don't get discouraged Lac changes a lot.A spot that was really good can change quickly because fish move where there is food which is affected my temperature weather etc .I have found holes as deep as 17' in sawmill bay and go back the next year and its 10 or 8' deep.I fish Lac winter and summer in sawmill bay and I always do good but its hard to find them sometimes.The worst is when mayflies come out and after Thunderstorms