• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
speckmaster

Solunar Tables

speckmaster

What app or website do you use to access solunar table information? I've been playing around with a few, but they are never the same.

RatherBeFishin

I use ISolunar on my iphone. Havent compared it to others though. I have heard from many of succesfull hunters though that they live by solunar times. If you find one that seems most accurate. Feel free to share :) 

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I follow solar lunar but not so much for its predictions as to what times be best.  But I like to watch moon rise set and phase. 

Moon rise and set differs from sun.  Some nights moon is out all night , others not at all.. and everything in between.

On a fuller ish moon and clear sky . You can expect most targetted game fish had a farily successful night time hunt . So will be less apt to eating and a slower bite. Cloudy or moonless nights tougher eats due to less light , following those I tend to observe more active daytime munch.

Obviously not an  exact science beacuse weather wind , water temp .blah blah play a part too. 

But I usually won't head out early or at all for a morning fish if the moon was out on a clear night.  I can sleep in spend the day on the beach getting vitamin B.

So 1/4 waning  to 1/4 waxing  are darkest nights and potentially better days

I use same mentality with hunting. And use an android app called " time.to hunt "

Here is a screen shot.

Screenshot_2017-12-30-15-02-09.png

• Like 2

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President