• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

MetalFishing

SILVER HARBOUR

MetalFishing

STAY AWAY!!! I just went and walked to the point where the boat launch is and the ice was lifting up and down in the waves. Still needs a while.

Zackcorbin1401

It’s going to be a while

HardwaterHunting

Saw a couple "adventurous" anglers out there yesterday afternoon. Wasn't dressed to venture out there to find out how thick the ice was but may check it out in the morning.

• Thanks 1

HardwaterHunting

Was out yesterday. 8-9" of ice. Only went about 40 yrds past the point though. Ice was banging and shifting around all afternoon. 

mmadge

last weekend was lots of ice, maybe 16 inches or so. But I stayed inside of the pressure ridge

Zackcorbin1401

Went out on the weekend I walked across the pressure ridge, got into some good size whitefish 68ft water. 20” ice where I was fishing.

• Like 1

oyo
1 hour ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Went out on the weekend I walked across the pressure ridge, got into some good size whitefish 68ft water. 20” ice where I was fishing.

How far off shore did you have to walk?

Zackcorbin1401
20 hours ago, oyo said:

How far off shore did you have to walk?

Mabye 200 or so yards

oyo

Thanks :) I think that'll be the farthest ive walked out from a shore line when I go.

Spooky.

Nnev

How far out can you get out there now?

Wopfisher

We were out Saturday took the snowmachine out About 2km or so there was 16” of ice where we were fishing

flyndie22

Just curious I go out by cariboo from bays end can you safely go to cariboo from silver harbour also 

AmateurHourAngling

Any ice left?

-JADEN

Wildcat

lots of ice, we where out last night and at least 20" of ice out about 1.5 k from landing, we iced 4 nice trout and missed a few more, and had a nice sunset.

AmateurHourAngling

Anyone catching? Managed 2 herring on fly set about 12" above my tube Jig. My flasher is out of commission but I estimated to be in 50-60ft. Lost one that seemed to be nice sized but unsure if it was a whitefish on the fly or a laker on the tube😆  I was about 20 feet past the "parking lot" on the ice and maybe 10 feet to the left! Just wondering how others are doing as I still have a few worms left and the day off work! Cheers!

-JADEN

Ive been out there quite a bit this year. Done well with lakers but havent caught too much else. 3 years ago i slammed whitefish there but none this year. I think youll have better luck with lakers going deeper. Whitefish i always caught in the channel or behind the island. That whole area is around 25 feet and thats the depth i used to find em.

kbrest

I have also been out there quite a bit. Usually work the hump that is there anywhere from 30-60ft. I seem to have had better luck with whitefish in the 30-40ft but have caught in deeper. Laker have been hit and miss and herring have been everywhere but always up high right below the ice. If you want to have an idea of how the hump and depth changes workI have a screen shot of the navionics but it doesnt show the depths.

86D02FDC-447B-435B-B830-9A68DD85413F.jpeg