• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

MetalFishing

SILVER HARBOUR

Zackcorbin1401
35 minutes ago, kbrest said:

I have also been out there quite a bit. Usually work the hump that is there anywhere from 30-60ft. I seem to have had better luck with whitefish in the 30-40ft but have caught in deeper. Laker have been hit and miss and herring have been everywhere but always up high right below the ice. If you want to have an idea of how the hump and depth changes workI have a screen shot of the navionics but it doesnt show the depths.

86D02FDC-447B-435B-B830-9A68DD85413F.jpeg

I fished pretty much right where the flag in your map is 4-5 times so far got nothing but whitefish no herring or lakers.

kbrest
4 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

I fished pretty much right where the flag in your map is 4-5 times so far got nothing but whitefish no herring or lakers.

The herring were thick in that spot up high one day then non existent another. The whitefish have been consistent there and lake trout were hit and miss. The other areas I have circled in red were also very productive for whitefish.

Thefishleclair

Was there today not in the circles but close by. Found herring and that was it. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

This is off a nautical navigation app

Screenshot_2018-04-04-20-01-51.png

ottoman82

How accurate did you guys find the navionics app to be in this area?  I found it to be off quite a bit.  It could have been  inaccurate because I was using my phone as I don't have the navionics chip for my helix 7.

Zackcorbin1401
19 hours ago, ottoman82 said:

How accurate did you guys find the navionics app to be in this area?  I found it to be off quite a bit.  It could have been  inaccurate because I was using my phone as I don't have the navionics chip for my helix 7.

I have noticed it is a bit off depending on the body of water I am on some smaller lakes are pretty far off , on superior I’ve found the app to be within 5ft of the actual depth which is good enough for me. I usually find coordinates on the app and transfer them to my helix as waypoints,  I’m going to take the boat out in the summer and chart some of my own maps with autochart live

AmateurHourAngling

Heading out there today, was supposed to be already out there but I've been sitting in my partners driveway for an hour and he still hasn't woken up so if anyone would like to come out and fish for a bit. There's room in my tent😄 Just look for the black & Blue Rapala pop up and come and fish with me! Just bought a new lowrance so we'll get to watch all the fish that won't be biting! PS I drink a Double Double! Cheers! 

If you wanna know if I'm still there then just message me 807-630-7212! 

Cheers!

-JADEN

Thefishleclair

How’s you do BigFish?  I seen yer pop up out there. I was out all over trying to find whitefish. All I got was one smelt!  Even went to the laker grounds and got skunked. Will be back at it again tomorrow. Dunno where I’ll be going but I’ll be targeting whitefish. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

AmateurHourAngling

Any updates? How's the ice lookin? Anything being caught? Any Info at all would be appreciated!

cheers!

-JADEN