• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Schurrzy

Kama Bay

NorthShorefisherman77

Im heading in tomorrow. Going to park on the otherside of the tracks and take my sled down that road on the left side. Hopefully my hand auger can make it through the ice. I will update you guys on the fishing and conditions tomorrow.

North Shore, Did you end up going out? I'm heading out tomorrow and it is my first time. If I'm walking down, how is the road to the train track? Thanks for any info

NorthShorefisherman77
19 hours ago, 2112 said:

North Shore, Did you end up going out? I'm heading out tomorrow and it is my first time. If I'm walking down, how is the road to the train track? Thanks for any info

I did go. Fishing was pretty steady for the 3 hrs I was there (noon till 3ish). The trail is pretty packed down and hard. You should have no issues walking down to the lake. 

RatherBeFishin

Anyone been out lately ? Do you need an extension ? 

Hows the fishing been ? Thinking of heading that way in the next week or so. 

Thanks for any info

I was out 3 weeks ago. Damn close bottoming out the auger so id bring an extension. Talked to a CO on silver harbour on the weekend, he said people were catchin there

RatherBeFishin

How far a walk is it ? I have a sled. Just deciding if nessecary to bring it. 

Thanks. 

oyo

Google maps gives the distance as 1.3 km along the road from the parking spot past the tracks.

RatherBeFishin

Sled it is ! 

Gettin lazy theese days ! 

RatherBeFishin

The road u all are talking about to acces is the one just before jackpine on right hand side ? Like where the guys set up campers and such for spring steel ? But i assume u stay right and not right to where campers usually are 

RLK

No it is on top of the hill before the JP.

RatherBeFishin

Ok. I see one on google earth. Looks like it goes to abunch of camps ? Then dead ends ? Guessing theres a sled trail that carries on towards mouth of jackpine ? 

Park at the train tracks, almost immediately after the first gentle turn you will come to a fork. Its the left trail and there is a sign that says "river". Also you will be able to tell that one road is ploughed and the one to the river is not. I went there pretty blind and found it no problem. Caught lots too

• Like 1

RatherBeFishin
9 hours ago, 2112 said:

Park at the train tracks, almost immediately after the first gentle turn you will come to a fork. Its the left trail and there is a sign that says "river". Also you will be able to tell that one road is ploughed and the one to the river is not. I went there pretty blind and found it no problem. Caught lots too

Thanks ! Much appreciated. 

Mikeman

Do not park at the tracks .Park on top of the hill before you get to them ,the area beside the tracks is for railway vehicles and workers.

oyo

Or park  past the tracks in the clearing where the roads diverge to the camps and road to the lake?

No i asked the railway people last time. Soon as you cross the tracks there is a ploughed spot to the right. They said i could park there no problem.

scandiman

Anyone been out to Kama in the last week or so? Wondering about trail condition. Trying to decide whether to bring the sled or my quad. Thx

oyo

Same question but about ice thickness.

cheers.

When are you going scandiman?

Mikeman

trail is hard packed, over 2 feet of ice as of last Tuesday.

scandiman
On 4/13/2018 at 5:37 PM, oyo said:

Same question but about ice thickness.

cheers.

When are you going scandiman?

Hey, just seen your post. I went in this morning. Whities were non existent where we fished but the herring were in there thick.

Decent day except for having to pick up several tims cups and garbage off the ice that were left there by some pieces of sh#$.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1