• Donate to T.B.F.

Help me out here folks! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

5% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RickRaw

Pepperettes?

RickRaw

Have 30 lbs of deer I would like to get made into pepperettes.  In the past we have gone to European but weren't terribly happy last time and wanted to try North Country.  Just called and they aren't accepting any meat for at least the next month.  No idea why but now I am not sure where to get them made?  Anywhere else people tend to like?  We prefer our pepperettes a bit drier.

Thanks.

arvey
58 minutes ago, RickRaw said:

Have 30 lbs of deer I would like to get made into pepperettes.  In the past we have gone to European but weren't terribly happy last time and wanted to try North Country.  Just called and they aren't accepting any meat for at least the next month.  No idea why but now I am not sure where to get them made?  Anywhere else people tend to like?  We prefer our pepperettes a bit drier.

Thanks.

Try commissary in the east end. I get my deer ham chub and smokies made there.

RickRaw
19 minutes ago, arvey said:

Try commissary in the east end. I get my deer ham chub and smokies made there.

Gave them a call and same thing... "call us at the end of January and we will tell you when you can bring your meat".

Is this because they clean their machines and don't do any "wild game" for a period of time?

Buck 120

Bogdalas on Simpson.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

RatherBeFishin

Yes. I know they clean the machines and stop taking orders of wild game before christmas. Always get ours done at commisary ! Highly recomend them ! 

They have store made pepperettes there made out of beef you could always test out to

tracker

I was at the Commissary  last month and they had 2 pages full of people on the waiting list to get meat processed. 

Tracker (aka- Dennis)

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Foozer

We got deer pepperettes, deer breakfast sausages, along with medium moose smokies, and mild ones with cheese, all done a Bogdala's Smoked Meats on Simpson.

We're very happy with all of it!

I picked up my last order in late-November and he told me that I would have to have any other orders in soon as they didn't take any around the holidays due to Christmas orders.

I bet that with Christmas, then putting together a list for wild game after the holidays,  that the waiting list gets pretty long as tracker mentioned above.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

joks

I tried the same on Monday.  I brought my meat in to North Country and they said not till Mid February  I called the commissary and they told me the same