• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

flyndie22

Bays end in the am

flyndie22

If anyone wants to join be at sare road for 830 9 ish 

flyndie22

It's private but they allow snowmachines as long as people keep it clean 

flyndie22

Smashed whities broke off 1 laker out in the deep slow as hell for lakers brutal ride out 

oyo

If I don't have a sled is this area walkable or are the good fishing grounds really far from the end of sare road?

cheers

MetalFishing
On 2018-01-17 at 9:55 AM, oyo said:

If I don't have a sled is this area walkable or are the good fishing grounds really far from the end of sare road?

cheers

It’s a good trek. If you’re just carrying a hand auger you would be alright. Hiked down pulling a hut, gas auger, and Marcum. The uphill hike out with that gear was exhausting though 

flyndie22

Lots of ice not good running for sleds or quads big ice feild out a few km 

RLS

I walk out there quite a bit. I go for whitefish and herring. The walk for good laker fishing is far. I only bring what I need in a back pack and a hand auger. The walk out is not bad...the walk back is all up hill. Good luck!

ottoman82

Hey guys I am new to ice fishing on superior for lake trout.  Is it possible or safe to make it to Caribou from Bays End in a Polaris RZR side by side?  I don't have a snow machine and that is quite the walk.  Cheers

scandiman
10 hours ago, ottoman82 said:

Hey guys I am new to ice fishing on superior for lake trout.  Is it possible or safe to make it to Caribou from Bays End in a Polaris RZR side by side?  I don't have a snow machine and that is quite the walk.  Cheers

Safe depending on where you are planning to head out from. Sare road is where I access bays end; it is a private road that the owner allows access for folks fishing however it is for snowmachines or walking/skiing only. No ATV/SxS. I'm unsure where any other access points are and what the ice would be like from those areas.